PT Cruiser Forum

Advertisements
Awkward Controls on 08 PT

Like Tree1Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04 Jun 2013, 06:53 pm
Fresh Cruiser

Default Awkward Controls on 08 PT

Not gonna bash it. I love my baby but... I got this yesterday & am curious to know if all PT 08 Base w/ upgrades have what I have.

You literally have to fight the right knob to properly move it to the position you want. Also, I have no lighter.... base comes with no lighter or did this person somehow lose it? Its a pristine car except for those two details.

...also Audio is terrible.
Old 04 Jun 2013, 07:35 pm
Obsessed Cruiser

Default Re: Awkward Controls on 08 PT

The cruisers didn't come with any lighters except if you got it with the smokers package. I have 3 outlets in mine and they are all 12 volt sockets for accessories. As far as the hardness of turning the knobs, it shouldn't be that way unless it's the knob for inside/fresh air and that would take a little more strength because your actually moving an actuator door at the end of the cable attached to the knob to let fresh air in or stop fresh air and use recirculated air from inside the cabin.

(sent on my iPad from Memphis Tennesee in the middle of a 7 day Hot Rod Power Tour. Tomorrow ...Birmingham, Al.)

- All decisions by the Moderator are semi-permanent, can and may be changed at his discretion but definitely will be the final word. Any action performed by the Administrator or Moderators are not to be discussed on the forum.

Last edited by CREWZIN; 04 Jun 2013 at 07:38 pm.
Old 04 Jun 2013, 07:37 pm
Banned

Dang gen2's
Old 04 Jun 2013, 07:41 pm
Fresh Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by CREWZIN View Post
The cruisers didn't come with any lighters except if you got it with the smokers package. I have 3 outlets in mine and they are all 12 volt sockets for accessories. As far as the hardness of turning the knobs, it shouldn't be that way unless it's the knob for inside/fresh air and that would take a little more strength because your actually moving an actuator door at the end of the cable attached to the knob to let fresh air in or stop fresh air and use recirculated air from inside the cabin.

(sent on my iPad from Memphis Tennesee in the middle of a 7 day Hot Rod Power Tour. Tomorrow ...Birmingham, Al.)

Is the wiring already in there then for base? Its $14 on Ebay I found for the OEM Mopar bit... I didnt find the cover, But I don't want to miss anything I will need to install it myself. I need my GPS so much...and S4 Battery life is nothing amazing unfortunately. The knob isnt hard to turn...rather the system doesnt register its movement properly so you have to tinker with it which I couldnt do while driving...ie My audios stuck in fade F7 till I care to play the knob game tomorrow morning.

What I added to Cart:
Dodge Jeep Chrysler Power Outlet Cigarette Lighter Outlet Replacement Mopar | eBay

Rest is a mystery to me, but cant be that hard. and was 5,700 worth it for a base w/ everything but the lighter, power seats & cruise control? All the 06-08 I saw elsewhere were uncared for, so the moment I saw this one I nabbed it without thinking on price.

Last edited by Princess; 04 Jun 2013 at 07:45 pm.
Old 04 Jun 2013, 08:11 pm
Senior Cruiser

Dont you know your not allowed to smoke in your cruiser

Are you talking about the temp control knob or radio, might have to press the radio knob in or pull out the detent and then turn it to adjust the balance or fade.

89 Shadow ES 2.5 T2 +20's A555 sold
86 TurboZ CS 2.2 T2 +20's A555
90 Daytona ES 2.5 T1 A523
90 Datyona Shelby VNT needs work
00 Durango SLT+ 5.9 4x4
02 Grand Cherokee 4.7 4x4
03 PT GT Black 5 sp Stg 1
05 PT GT Silver 5 Spd Conv
06 PT GT Cool Vanilla 5 spd Conv
06 PT Base Marine Blue 40TE Conv
15 Grand Cherokee Overland 5.7 QD2
Old 04 Jun 2013, 09:14 pm
Fresh Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by VNT View Post
Dont you know your not allowed to smoke in your cruiser

Are you talking about the temp control knob or radio, might have to press the radio knob in or pull out the detent and then turn it to adjust the balance or fade.

I just want to charge my phone on the go so I can use gps on trips lol I dont smoke. Also radio, when you adjust it...it fights you. Can go from 3 to 9 in 1 turn for example its nutty.

also was automatic trans a base option? Because i swore base is listed as manual, yet mines automatic.

Last edited by Princess; 04 Jun 2013 at 09:20 pm.
Old 06 Jun 2013, 11:00 am
Fanatic Cruiser

Does yours not even have the lighter socket? All models should have the socket. Models with the smoker packge will have a lighter insert, and models without will simply have a cover.

Your radio knob problem is unfortunately quite common, and the fix is to replace the radio.

Manual was the standard transmission, but all models could get an option automatic. For the last year in 2010, they were only available with automatics.
Old 06 Jun 2013, 06:45 pm
Fresh Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by heifetz17 View Post
Does yours not even have the lighter socket? All models should have the socket. Models with the smoker packge will have a lighter insert, and models without will simply have a cover.

Your radio knob problem is unfortunately quite common, and the fix is to replace the radio.

Manual was the standard transmission, but all models could get an option automatic. For the last year in 2010, they were only available with automatics.
Oh okay. Hopefully can nab the radio from the 06 parts out (if an 06 radio will work in 08?)

Anyways nope! Not even a cover... just a hole into the dark abyss of mystery
Old 07 Jun 2013, 09:29 am
Fanatic Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by Princess View Post
Oh okay. Hopefully can nab the radio from the 06 parts out (if an 06 radio will work in 08?)

Anyways nope! Not even a cover... just a hole into the dark abyss of mystery
Yep, any radio from 06-10 will work. It's actually a good opportunity to install a 6-disc radio if you care about having a cd changer. For instance, a 6 disc radio out of any year Dodge Magnum or 06-10 Charger (without navigation) will also work. You can also you radios out of 06-08 Dodge 1500s, 06-09 Dodge 2500/3500s and many later model Jeeps, so your options are wide open!

And if you have the hole where the socket should go, the wiring should all be there, unless it was cut when the socket was removed. Either way, it's easy to wire in if the wiring is damaged or missing.
Old 07 Jun 2013, 10:28 am
Obsessed Cruiser

and on a bright note some radios have the usb charging port built into them