Go Back   PT Cruiser Forum > General Forums > General PT Cruiser Discussions

PT Cruiser Forum

Advertisements
Thoughts on a trade

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12 Jun 2013, 07:16 pm
Regular Cruiser

Default Thoughts on a trade

I'm pondering trading my 09 Touring Cruiser with 84,000 miles on a 2010 Cruiser Classic. I've only viewed photos from the dealer so far and won't get to see it in person until Saturday. The asking price is $12999. It looks like it's black over silver with a red pinstripe beltline and 25,000 miles. From the info on the dealer site the 2010 looks like a possibility. The only thing that turns me off is red leather seats. I'm not a leather seat guy and the red seats are seem to be the only red in the interior. The seats just seem not to "go with" the interior. I've looked around to see what the web has to say about the 2010 Cruiser Classic but haven't found much. If anyone can enlighten me on this I would appreciate it.
Old 12 Jun 2013, 07:30 pm
Banned

Default Re: Thoughts on a trade

Why not just stick with what you have?
Old 12 Jun 2013, 08:22 pm
Senior Cruiser

As Busa seems to represent one half of your conscience, let me represent the other more fun half..... Go for it ... red leather ? go for it... less mileage ? go for it..... Newer ? go for it.
Take that Busa
'03 GT Blue/ autostick.. 160,000KM ( That's 100,000miles for y'all South of the border ) All the options, the heated leather is a must up here in Canada, Love the solid heavy duty feel and obvious Torque.. The Turbo is strong, fast and reliable.. People that don't understand the love of a PT, probably don't deserve to.
Old 12 Jun 2013, 09:59 pm
Banned

I am just asking a question....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vlefaive View Post
As Busa seems to represent one half of your conscience, let me represent the other more fun half..... Go for it ... red leather ? go for it... less mileage ? go for it..... Newer ? go for it.
Take that Busa
Old 12 Jun 2013, 10:05 pm
Fresh Cruiser

09 to 10 isnt exactly a huge jump, If you feel its worth your while to trade into something with 1/4 the miles, and if it has more features you desire go for it.

However, if your the one who put the 84K on your 09... you know how you drive, you know how you cared for it, it should last you longer then if it had multiple owners at 84...if you weren't then the difference to 25k in my opinion would "possibly" be worth it but it doesnt guarantee the cars going to last any longer then what you have (Considering that thing could have been abused like crazy)
Old 12 Jun 2013, 10:16 pm
Obsessed Cruiser

id go for it first off its a classic cruser so its got that cool factor to start with got for it you will be sorry if you don't after all the 2010 is the last of the line
Old 13 Jun 2013, 05:13 am
Regular Cruiser

Thanks for the replies. Here's the thing. I'm likely to put on another 10-12,000 on the 09 before the end of the year when I retire. That puts me in the "replacing the timing belt" range. In addition I'm pretty sure I'll need new tires all around and brakes with maybe rotors. So I'm estimating about $2000 in expenses in 6-12 months. After the beginning of year the number of miles I drive will be reduced considerably.

On the one hand, if I have to lay out $2000 it might make sense to put it into the purchase of the 2010. On the other hand, the red and white seats on the 2010 just seem to glare at me from the photos. If those seats were just about anything else I'd really be ready to hot and trot on the 2010.
Old 13 Jun 2013, 09:34 am
Senior Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiniquiet View Post
Thanks for the replies. Here's the thing. I'm likely to put on another 10-12,000 on the 09 before the end of the year when I retire. That puts me in the "replacing the timing belt" range. In addition I'm pretty sure I'll need new tires all around and brakes with maybe rotors. So I'm estimating about $2000 in expenses in 6-12 months. After the beginning of year the number of miles I drive will be reduced considerably.

On the one hand, if I have to lay out $2000 it might make sense to put it into the purchase of the 2010. On the other hand, the red and white seats on the 2010 just seem to glare at me from the photos. If those seats were just about anything else I'd really be ready to hot and trot on the 2010.
Could always swap the seats after you get it. lots of "road tested" seats available at junkyards in great shape for cheap :-D
Old 13 Jun 2013, 10:28 am
Senior Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by Busa_Powered View Post
I am just asking a question....
Dude, you didn't see ANY humour in that ?
'03 GT Blue/ autostick.. 160,000KM ( That's 100,000miles for y'all South of the border ) All the options, the heated leather is a must up here in Canada, Love the solid heavy duty feel and obvious Torque.. The Turbo is strong, fast and reliable.. People that don't understand the love of a PT, probably don't deserve to.
Old 13 Jun 2013, 11:36 am
Fanatic Cruiser

Just go to show how different people have different taste, a unnamed member bought a new cruiser in 2010 and had the dealer swap out the gray seats for the red leather seats before buying it.

Go figure.........................

2008 Touring -9050 miles (Cash for Clunkers trade-in)
2008 Miata MX5 Vert. 30000 Mi
2000 Astro Con. Van. 58000 Mi (One owner)
2005 HD Sporster 1200, 8000 Mi