Advertisements

Go Back   PT Cruiser Forum > General Forums > General PT Cruiser Discussions

PT Cruiser Forum

Advertisements
2001 PT Cruiser Problems ...Again!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 18 Jun 2013, 09:05 pm
Fresh Cruiser

Default 2001 PT Cruiser Problems ...Again!

I posted on here a few months ago about my hubands car.Im back again to look for answers.The car fog lights were staying on and it was making a thumping noise in the front so he had the dealer look at it.Almost 2weeks later she called saying it needed sway bars,hub,ball joints,oil gasket etc which she supposedly fixed.Well the car make a really loud thumping sound the entire length of the front end that can be felt under your feet and it gets worse when applying the brake! Im one fed up person with this dealer.Can someone please tell me what may be wrong with it now so I can get a real mechanic to fix it right.Thanks!
Old 18 Jun 2013, 09:54 pm
Obsessed Cruiser

Default Re: 2001 PT Cruiser Problems ...Again!

Sound like the sway bar is thumping around. Maybe the bushings mounting the bar to the k frame.

03 Dream stock___________________________ 04 Touring turbo lite stock_________ 02 Touring stock_____________________ The "Three Amigos"
__________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ ___________Performance, Body and Service, OEM

This Is my project page.
http://www.ptcruiserlinks.com/forum/...oject-1-a.html

This is a great read from one of our own! Badglas
badglas.blogspot.com
Old 18 Jun 2013, 10:15 pm
Senior Cruiser

Default Re: 2001 PT Cruiser Problems ...Again!

That's nice of you... My wife secretly seeks out repairs for mine too..... She brought it home in April with those great cow hide seat covers... I got beaten up at work
'03 GT Blue/ autostick.. 160,000KM ( That's 100,000miles for y'all South of the border ) All the options, the heated leather is a must up here in Canada, Love the solid heavy duty feel and obvious Torque.. The Turbo is strong, fast and reliable.. People that don't understand the love of a PT, probably don't deserve to.