Advertisements
Picking up a new PT

Like Tree7Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 22 Jun 2013, 05:50 pm
Cool Cruiser

Default Picking up a new PT

Hey Guys and Gals,
Im back !!! I am in the process of getting another PT Cruiser, found a dealership ( about 2-1/2 hours away ) and they have a 2003 PT Limited in Blue (sadly an automatic) but they are willing to work with me to get financed at only $4500 so Im happy with that and the facts that my payment will be in the Mid $100s
I don't have any pictures as I haven't been there yet, will probly pick it up Tuesday.

So any issues with the 2003 I should be aware of, I know it has 80,000 on the clock so I might ask them to go ahead and throw in a new timing belt and water pump...maybe motor mounts? Please drop me any info with those that have experienced the 2003 model year...I did own a 2002 with a few issues ( heater core leak and bad micro processor in dash that affected dash lights not to work. Otherwise I hope its all good news. Thanks for any info and Im glad to be back on the forum.
randyincctx likes this.
Old 22 Jun 2013, 06:02 pm
Veteran Cruiser

Smile Re: Picking up a new PT

Welcome back to the PT world!....I just got my 2003 PT Base the first Saturday in June...(see my PT's story!)....Hope you DO end up getting that PT!
Old 22 Jun 2013, 08:04 pm
Senior Cruiser

Default Re: Picking up a new PT

You will thank yourself for years if they do the timing belt and water pump... very expensive ... The piece of mind is absolutely worth the haggle ( They'll likely resist , big job ) closes in on a grand in some cases !.
I did it ( got mine at a Hyundai dealer of all places in '07 ... turns out to be something I'm always glad I did )
Welcome from Toronto,,, The land of the polite, moose herding beer drinkers
'03 GT Blue/ autostick.. 160,000KM ( That's 100,000miles for y'all South of the border ) All the options, the heated leather is a must up here in Canada, Love the solid heavy duty feel and obvious Torque.. The Turbo is strong, fast and reliable.. People that don't understand the love of a PT, probably don't deserve to.
Old 22 Jun 2013, 08:34 pm
Cool Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vlefaive View Post
You will thank yourself for years if they do the timing belt and water pump... very expensive ... The piece of mind is absolutely worth the haggle ( They'll likely resist , big job ) closes in on a grand in some cases !.
I did it ( got mine at a Hyundai dealer of all places in '07 ... turns out to be something I'm always glad I did )
Welcome from Toronto,,, The land of the polite, moose herding beer drinkers
Thank you from Missery ( Missouri) the show me state...lol
Bunch of red neck beer drinking, Hold my beer and watch this kinda deal...lol

Yes, I know a bit about the costs involved, and the pain of changing mounts. So yes, Im going to see if they will or better worded, demand they do it as its really not far behind to be due ( PT has 80K already) just for my peace of mind. I can handle anything else on my own, just my house doesn't have a garage yet and probly wont for a long while yet, maybe a carport in the near future temporary.
Old 22 Jun 2013, 09:38 pm
Senior Cruiser

Cool Re: Picking up a new PT

coulda sworn it was pronounced Missourah.
harrym likes this.
Old 23 Jun 2013, 07:21 am
Veteran Cruiser

4500?! For an automatic 2003?! I think you're nuts!! Surely you can do better, no?
Old 23 Jun 2013, 07:25 am
Veteran Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by soyomb View Post
coulda sworn it was pronounced Missourah.
I pronounce it "misery" because they drive like mopes in Illinois. You get a car with a misery plate in front of you, it's gonna be a loooong ride

No offence to you by the way. I know there's a lot of fun to be had there

Last edited by rob342; 23 Jun 2013 at 07:53 am.
Old 23 Jun 2013, 08:01 am
Cool Cruiser

Do your research before popping off, KBB retails for private party in the upper $4000 and retails for Dealer certified cars in the mid to upper $6000.
So if I get them to throw in a new timing belt and water pump then I am ahead of the game at $4500. Either way $4500 is still under the KBB value.
The car is in excellent shape. And not to mention the lifetime powertrain warranty it includes as long as I own it.
randyincctx likes this.
Old 23 Jun 2013, 08:50 am
Veteran Cruiser

Question Re: Picking up a new PT

Quote:
Originally Posted by sonocativo View Post
Do your research before popping off, KBB retails for private party in the upper $4000 and retails for Dealer certified cars in the mid to upper $6000.
So if I get them to throw in a new timing belt and water pump then I am ahead of the game at $4500. Either way $4500 is still under the KBB value.
The car is in excellent shape. And not to mention the lifetime powertrain warranty it includes as long as I own it.
I thought the Chrysler Lifetime Powertrain Limited Warranty on PT Cruisers was only for purchases beginning on July 26,2007?????.........So;My 2003 PT Cruiser IS covered???
Old 23 Jun 2013, 09:03 am
Veteran Cruiser

Sorry. Welcome back (:
sonocativo likes this.

Last edited by rob342; 23 Jun 2013 at 09:33 am.