03 ECM/PCM

Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By TS_Blu22
  • 1 Post By TS_Blu22

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 24 Jun 2013, 06:55 pm
Fresh Cruiser

Cool 03 ECM/PCM

i posted a topic a few weeks bac about what to do about a electrical problem. more specifically, all my lights goin dim and getting bright..

after all the guess work and changing out alot of parts i finally found the tru answer.

It turns out that it was the ECM/PCM, as soon as i swapped them out the problem was resolved.

So if anyone else is having this problem, look into switching out the computer in ur car..

got mine for $143, plug and play with the most up to date software..
Busted_PT likes this.
Old 24 Jun 2013, 07:13 pm
Obsessed Cruiser

Default Re: 03 ECM/PCM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TS_Blu22 View Post
i posted a topic a few weeks bac about what to do about a electrical problem. more specifically, all my lights goin dim and getting bright..

after all the guess work and changing out alot of parts i finally found the tru answer.

It turns out that it was the ECM/PCM, as soon as i swapped them out the problem was resolved.

So if anyone else is having this problem, look into switching out the computer in ur car..

got mine for $143, plug and play with the most up to date software..
Interesting, thanks for the update. I never thought that would have been pcm.

03 Dream stock___________________________ 04 Touring turbo lite stock_________ 02 Touring stock_____________________ The "Three Amigos"
__________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ ___________Performance, Body and Service, OEM

This Is my project page.
http://www.ptcruiserlinks.com/forum/...oject-1-a.html

This is a great read from one of our own! Badglas
badglas.blogspot.com
Old 25 Jun 2013, 06:00 am
Obsessed Cruiser

Glad you found your answer to your problem so how about sharing where you picked up a plug & play computer for $143. Was it online or a neighborhood auto store?

- All decisions by the Moderator are semi-permanent, can and may be changed at his discretion but definitely will be the final word. Any action performed by the Administrator or Moderators are not to be discussed on the forum.
Old 25 Jun 2013, 11:41 am
Regular Cruiser

How much "dimming" are you talking about? I can see my PT's headlights dim slightly at idle sometimes, but it has been that way since I have owned it - about 7 years now. I always just thought that was a byproduct of having a little 4-banger under the hood.

2005 N/A, Cool Vanilla
Adds
PT Wheel Centers, PT Valve Stem Caps
Mopar Chrome Exhaust Tip
Mopar Molded Rear Splash Guards
Mopar Rear Step Pad
K&N Filter
Pioneer Speakers/Receiver w/BlueTooth & HD Radio
Mopar Powered Sub
Old 28 Jun 2013, 09:30 pm
Fresh Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by 05vanilla View Post
How much "dimming" are you talking about? I can see my PT's headlights dim slightly at idle sometimes, but it has been that way since I have owned it - about 7 years now. I always just thought that was a byproduct of having a little 4-banger under the hood.
My car does this as well... Though, it's mainly when the fans kick on. Every now and then, though, i can see a random flicker in all the lights. Never thought much of it, though...
Old 09 Jul 2013, 04:59 pm
Fresh Cruiser

Exclamation Re: 03 ECM/PCM

UPDATE>>>>>>

Well after about a week with the new ECM/PCM installed the problem came back. After a complete once over of my electrical system, and some more computer searching, found that simply adding a extra ground wire to the alternator made a hugh difference.. its been 2 weeks now with no dimming lights... fingers crossed..

well as for the ECM/PCM I recently bought, it was from a local shop here in Davie Florida. the site is Auto Computer Exchange | Remanufactured OEM Auto Computers

and to reiterate the main problem I was having was all the power would go low and come back up, causing all the lights to go dim then bright again. battery would drain this way, and alternator wasn't properly chargin the battery.