Go Back   PT Cruiser Forum > General Forums > General PT Cruiser Discussions

PT Cruiser Forum

Advertisements
Turn signal is not working

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 28 Jun 2013, 07:48 pm
Fresh Cruiser

Default Turn signal is not working

Hello, I hope that everyone is doing well!!! My 2006 PT cruiser have some electrical problems. The turn signal is not working, but its still flashing on the dashboard, I also tried the hazard light, its didn't work as well. First I thought the bulbs were blown up or something, but when I checked the fog-light , it was working fine.

I'm not really good with the electrical issue, If someone could help me out, I would be really appreciate
Old 28 Jun 2013, 08:12 pm
Young Cruiser

Default Re: Turn signal is not working

I would almost say it's the multi function switch but you say it flashes on the dash, I would try to disconnecting the battery and then hold the brake for a few seconds to drain any residual. Then reconnect battery, could be in the computer.
Old 28 Jun 2013, 09:21 pm
Veteran Cruiser

Thumbs up Re: Turn signal is not working

Quote:
Originally Posted by robh View Post
I would almost say it's the multi function switch but you say it flashes on the dash, I would try to disconnecting the battery and then hold the brake for a few seconds to drain any residual. Then reconnect battery, could be in the computer.
I second that!.....I've read alot of posts relating a number of problems to the MFS....i.e-Headlights,Turn Signals,and especially Fog Lights.
Old 29 Jun 2013, 08:29 am
Cool Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by lichking00 View Post
Hello, I hope that everyone is doing well!!! My 2006 PT cruiser have some electrical problems. The turn signal is not working, but its still flashing on the dashboard, I also tried the hazard light, its didn't work as well. First I thought the bulbs were blown up or something, but when I checked the fog-light , it was working fine.

I'm not really good with the electrical issue, If someone could help me out, I would be really appreciate
The signal and 4 way flasher are the same filament, so if they are not working (and explain which one is not working), it is probably the bulb or socket.

Mine had a cooked socket on the right rear, and is replaceable, and available through the dealer for about $15.

The fog light is a total different animal, and has nothing to do with your signals.
Red tint tails, chrome trimmed grille, custom towel rack buttonless flamed shifter, auto dimming rear view, Homelink remote transmitter, driver seat drawer, MOPAR sub, lowered 1" rear, MOPAR/Borla dual tipped exhaust, chrome trimmed GT gauge/airbag surround, front 35% tint, and the ever so important Fuzzy Dice
Old 29 Jun 2013, 09:02 am
Veteran Cruiser

i also had a bad socket. try turning on the hazards, then get out and tweak the bulb in the socket to see if it starts working. i bent the contact in the socket and it's been fine ever since.