Go Back   PT Cruiser Forum > General Forums > General PT Cruiser Discussions

PT Cruiser Forum

Advertisements
Door lock reversed

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05 Jul 2013, 11:00 am
Fresh Cruiser

Default Door lock reversed

Hi there, new member here. Although I've been reading these forums for awhile to find help fixing various parts on my wife's 01 PT Cruiser. Thanks already for the grief and money you've saved me.

Earlier in the week my wife accidentally locked herself out of the car. She thought she hit the unlock button but ended up locking the car with the keys in the ignition.

Then two days ago we both went to the grocery store. I hit the unlock on the passenger door lock switch and my wife tells me I locked it. I knew I hit the unlock button, so I checked the button. I pushed unlock and it locks and if I push lock it unlocks!

Then when we returned home from the store we tried the locks again and everything works normally.

What in the world is going on with my door locks? At this point, I'm waiting to see if they act up again.
Old 05 Jul 2013, 11:19 am
Obsessed Cruiser

Default Re: Door lock reversed

How did you get the PT unlocked in the first instance? Did someone just use a Slim Jim or some other means of unlocking the car?

You can try resetting the computer by taking the negative battery off for a few minutes to see if that helps but if it just happened that one time, you won't know if it's fixed until it happen again.

Meanwhile, for just a couple dollars, you can have a key made that doesn't have the chip in it but will open the doors if you lock yourself out and you can carry it in your wallet/purse.

P.S. Welcome to the forum.

- All decisions by the Moderator are semi-permanent, can and may be changed at his discretion but definitely will be the final word. Any action performed by the Administrator or Moderators are not to be discussed on the forum.
Old 05 Jul 2013, 11:29 am
Fresh Cruiser

Default Re: Door lock reversed

Quote:
Originally Posted by CREWZIN View Post
How did you get the PT unlocked in the first instance? Did someone just use a Slim Jim or some other means of unlocking the car?
Local police used some sort of gizmo on the drivers side door jam to wedge the door open enough to reach in with a stick to hit the unlock button. (They apparently tried a slim jim without success first)