PT Cruiser Forum

Advertisements
PT Cruiser 2009 Fuse box - please help

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 14 Jul 2013, 06:54 am
Fresh Cruiser

Exclamation PT Cruiser 2009 Fuse box - please help

Hi all

I got problem with the fuse box in my car, i change it with new one, but there is no start
they told me that i have to reprogram it.

please advice or any quick solution

Thank you
Old 14 Jul 2013, 07:14 am
Obsessed Cruiser

Default Re: PT Cruiser 2009 Fuse box - please help

Omar,

If your talking about the PCM (computer) and not the fuse box, then YES, it has to be programmed to your car.

- All decisions by the Moderator are semi-permanent, can and may be changed at his discretion but definitely will be the final word. Any action performed by the Administrator or Moderators are not to be discussed on the forum.
Old 14 Jul 2013, 10:52 am
Fanatic Cruiser

The "fuse box" on an 09 is called a Totally Integrated Power Module (TIPM) and if there is a problem with it it may involve more than just replacing a fuse. The entire module itself may have to be replaced.
Old 14 Jul 2013, 11:11 am
Obsessed Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carl48 View Post
The "fuse box" on an 09 is called a Totally Integrated Power Module (TIPM) and if there is a problem with it it may involve more than just replacing a fuse. The entire module itself may have to be replaced.

True, they "replace" rather than diagnose and "repair" BUT he's talking about programming and there's no need for that if it's the TIPM.

- All decisions by the Moderator are semi-permanent, can and may be changed at his discretion but definitely will be the final word. Any action performed by the Administrator or Moderators are not to be discussed on the forum.
Old 14 Jul 2013, 11:15 am
Fanatic Cruiser

Upon re-reading the original post, it looks as if the TIPM has been replaced with a new one...if that is the case, then yes it must be programmed to match the VIN. Apparently can only be done by the dealer.
Old 14 Jul 2013, 12:30 pm
Regular Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carl48 View Post
Upon re-reading the original post, it looks as if the TIPM has been replaced with a new one...if that is the case, then yes it must be programmed to match the VIN. Apparently can only be done by the dealer.
I found the following on jeepforum.com:

TIPM Installation:

1. Position the TIPM into the engine compartment.
2. Connect each of the seven TIPM wire harness connectors.
3. Position the TIPM onto the mounting bracket and push down until the mounting clips are fully seated.
4. Position the TIPM positive cable onto the mounting stud and install the retaining nut. Tighten the nut to 80 - 100 in. lbs.
5. Open the TIPM cover and fully seat the Airbag fuse holder (two fuses in one yellow carrier) and the Ignition Off Draw (IOD) fuse.
6. Connect the battery negative cable.
7. Close the hood.
8. Insert the ignition key and turn it to the “RUN” position and wait twelve seconds. The TIPM will collect the necessary vehicle configuration and VIN data from the CCN and PCM at this time. After twelve seconds turn the ignition key to the “OFF” position and then back to the “ON” position and verify proper vehicle systems operation.
If the information was lost or corrupted, it can be retrieved with the StarScan tool through DealerConnect.

According to the poster, this info came from the 2008 Chrysler FSM. Other posters reported that they had used this procedure successfully. I would certainly try this before I went to the dealer.
Old 14 Jul 2013, 12:45 pm
Obsessed Cruiser

I just have this "gut" feeling" that the original poster is from overseas and that he's calling the fuse box the wrong thing, and he's talking about the computer which does need the dealer for reprogramming. Might be wrong. We'll see, if he ever comes back to the forum.

Old 20 Jul 2013, 03:50 pm
Fresh Cruiser

thanks all

yes right its the TIPM, I replaced it and i tried to do everything but no chance to start
i went to the programming guy, he connected my car to the computer, he said every think are ok except the starting function, i cant do it!!

is there is a way to make her work !!

thank you all in advance
Old 20 Jul 2013, 05:14 pm
Senior Cruiser

Would it start before replacing the TIPM? Just wondering what the issue was that you chose to replace it.
Old 20 Jul 2013, 05:49 pm
Fresh Cruiser

yes it was starting normally before replacing the TIPM