PT Cruiser Forum

Advertisements
August 1st, PT Cruiser Wreck, Chesterfield, VA

Like Tree1Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01 Aug 2013, 11:06 pm
Obsessed Cruiser

Default August 1st, PT Cruiser Wreck, Chesterfield, VA

Unbelievable! I'm driving from work, then decide, since I'm so exhausted, that I'm going down to Cracker Barrel to eat dinner. So I'm wandering down Hwy 360 and wham! In front of me is a terrible accident that shook me to the ground. Had me extremely worried as the wreck was so nasty that I was certain people were going to be badly injured.

The entire photo album is here: 20130801 PT Cruiser Wreck - PT Cruiser Gallery

Couple of pictures - but first, no one was injured! There was a lady stopped at a green light and a pickup truck came up on her, slammed on his brakes and slid, but didn't hit her. The PT driver came to a stop with plenty of room between him and the pickup. However, behind them was this handsome young man driving a nice pickup but was obviously distracted as he didn't even stomp on the brakes until he was right behind the PT.

He tried to swerve to the right but caught the right rear of the PT, spun it into the back of the pickup in front of him (while the lady at the light finally drove off! Idiot). Hit the pickup then spun the opposite direction across three lanes and onto the median. OMG scared the carp out of bunches of people!

The gentleman in the truck that caused the accident ran across all of the traffic immediately (thank the Lord he didn't get hit!) and opened the car door on the PT to help the driver, who thankfully was fine. I pulled over into the CVS parking lot and grabbed my camera, went and help the gentleman out of the PT and across the road, just as the Police showed up - yes, OMG they got there so fast it was amazing!

So, long story getting longer, everyone was okay, the PT was destroyed, but the driver was okay. I was going to take him home but his sister was so upset that she showed up just as we were getting into my PT.

Here's the gents car, and yes, it was very nice before the accident, not one dent in it - that is him speaking to the police officer:

Edit - OMG laughing at the sign in the background! Carz4U???

The truck that hit him:

The officers and tow truck involved, did an excellent job and took care of everyone involved:

Now I'm not advertising the two other drivers involved, only the PT Cruiser driver as the others, well, they were okay but I don't want anyone pointing fingers. The police were fabulous. Just before we left, I spoke to them and the driver of the tow truck and the gentleman from the PT, asked them to look up in the sky and see what I saw - I truly believe the Lord was overlooking this accident. Not one person was injured, the accident happened in seconds and yet in less than a half hour all of it was gone and the site was cleaned up.

It wasn't raining, and yet looking at the PT on the back of the tow truck I noticed the rainbow! OMG that had to be God telling the driver that he was a good soul, that the Lord was protecting him. Darn near had me in tears just trying to convince them all that it had to be a good sign. His sister and I are now best friends, she thinks that what I said had to be true!

Anyway, here's the photo - you'll see in the gallery that I titled this, "The Lord is My Shepherd" - that's his PT sitting on the tow truck under the rainbow:

Again, all the other photos are in the album I listed at the top of the post. Thank the Lord that no one was injured!

Edit - by the way, you can look at all of the photos and not see one skid mark! The PT was almost airborne when it spun across the lanes onto the median. The pickup that hit him was doing 45 mph and like I said, he didn't see it until too late so didn't touch his brakes until too late.

Last edited by Chromenut; 01 Aug 2013 at 11:17 pm.
Old 01 Aug 2013, 11:44 pm
Senior Cruiser

Default Re: August 1st, PT Cruiser Wreck, Chesterfield, VA

wow - i thought ford trucks were pretty durable. looks like it sustained as much damage as the pt. glad no one was injured.
Old 02 Aug 2013, 12:51 am
Veteran Cruiser

Cool Re: August 1st, PT Cruiser Wreck, Chesterfield, VA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chromenut View Post
The pickup that hit him was doing 45 mph and like I said, he didn't see it until too late so didn't touch his brakes until too late.
I'm not Sherlock Holmes;But I would guess it was because he was talking on a cellphone......It's happening more,and more.......Glad everyone was OK,and it's a bummer about the PT Cruiser being totalled;I couldn't see the badge but it looked like a 'Limited' or 'Touring' edition.
P.S....Good composition on the photos.
Old 02 Aug 2013, 01:52 am
Banned

Wondering why the pt driver has his license plate covered, perhaps he was going to commit a crime and he got into an accident on the way!

Someone should be sleeping better tonight knowing that a criminals plans were foiled
Old 02 Aug 2013, 02:28 am
Young Cruiser

Send a message via Skype™ to Garya1682

im glad no body was injured but the tragic site of that bashed up pt cruiser breaks my heart! quick someone grab some tools it can be saved!!!

2002 cruiser
2.0L PETROL AUTO
80k miles
Old 02 Aug 2013, 07:46 am
Obsessed Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by Busa_Powered View Post
Wondering why the pt driver has his license plate covered, perhaps he was going to commit a crime and he got into an accident on the way!

Someone should be sleeping better tonight knowing that a criminals plans were foiled
Chromenut most likly edit it.

03 Dream stock___________________________ 04 Touring turbo lite stock_________ 02 Touring stock_____________________ The "Three Amigos"
__________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ ___________Performance, Body and Service, OEM

This Is my project page.
http://www.ptcruiserlinks.com/forum/...oject-1-a.html

This is a great read from one of our own! Badglas
badglas.blogspot.com
Old 02 Aug 2013, 08:09 am
Veteran Cruiser

Question Re: August 1st, PT Cruiser Wreck, Chesterfield, VA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Busa_Powered View Post
That is weird?....I didn't even notice that till now.
Old 02 Aug 2013, 08:09 am
Obsessed Cruiser

Robin,

That intersection is about 2 miles from my son's house which is off Old Bailey Bridge Road.

It's an extremely busy intersection and there's always fender benders happening but usually not as bad as what you witnessed.

- All decisions by the Moderator are semi-permanent, can and may be changed at his discretion but definitely will be the final word. Any action performed by the Administrator or Moderators are not to be discussed on the forum.
Old 02 Aug 2013, 08:23 am
Veteran Cruiser

Wink Re: August 1st, PT Cruiser Wreck, Chesterfield, VA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Garya1682 View Post
im glad no body was injured but the tragic site of that bashed up pt cruiser breaks my heart! quick someone grab some tools it can be saved!!!
Want a Project #4,Danny?...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Busted_PT View Post
Chromenut most likly edit it.
I zoomed 200% & 400% it looks like it's on the plate,not photoshoped.....and if it is;Why didn't Robin do the truck or the police car?
Busted_PT likes this.
Old 02 Aug 2013, 09:43 am
Young Cruiser

Send a message via Skype™ to Garya1682

Quote:
Originally Posted by randyincctx View Post
Want a Project #4,Danny?...I zoomed 200% & 400% it looks like it's on the plate,not photoshoped.....and if it is;Why didn't Robin do the truck or the police car?
I will welcome the challenge!

2002 cruiser
2.0L PETROL AUTO
80k miles