PT Cruiser Forum

Advertisements
Swapping To Heated Seats

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 13 Aug 2013, 04:36 pm
Fresh Cruiser

Default Swapping To Heated Seats

Hello,

I am a new member and a new PT GT owner. I have a 2003 GT with AutoStick and I managed to find an exact twin donor car with a noisy Turbo that I purchased as well. The only difference between them is that the donor car has heated seats and the 6 Disc CD Stereo. I had the Dealer run the VIN# on both cars and they share the same ECM part number & etc.

My question is this, if I swap out the front seats, do all cars come pre-wired for the heated seats? If not has anyone ever made the swap and what all did you have to change out?

Also the cruise control lights up when engaged, but is not functioning. Any suggestions?

Thanks!
Old 13 Aug 2013, 04:54 pm
Veteran Cruiser

Lightbulb Re: Swapping To Heated Seats

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverGt View Post
I managed to find an exact twin donor car with a noisy Turbo that I purchased as well.
If all that's wrong with it is a noisy turbo,before you start swapping out stuff,you might just consider this: REBUILDING THE TURBO!!!!
As for your cruise control I guess you've checked the CC fuse?(#10 fuse in the interior fuse box)......Also,you could check vacuum servo(located on passenger side of engine compartment,on top of strut mount)and visually inspect the control cable between the cruise control servo and the throttle linkage to make sure everything is moving freely.
Old 13 Aug 2013, 08:48 pm
Cool Cruiser

Default Re: Swapping To Heated Seats

I bought a set of heated seats for my 01, and did find wiring under the floor carpet.

The '01 wires run from the center tunnel out to each seat, and the 03 came from the drivers kick panel area and fed both seats.

If I remember right the 01's wiring had a fuse for each seat, and the 03 seats I obtained had only one fused hot lead for both.

I had to splice the hot lead (which I believe is red with a white tracer) into the donors passenger seat module, which is the same color.

They worked out well very well, my lower extremities are much happier during the winter months.

As far as your cruise, when I obtained my "needing TLC" Cruiser, my cruise light came on but the system did not work either. I found the main breather hose from the cam cover had a hole in it, and the engine could supply enough vacuum to run the cruise. Once I repaired the hose the system functioned fine.

Just another thing you might want to look at.
Red tint tails, chrome trimmed grille, custom towel rack buttonless flamed shifter, auto dimming rear view, Homelink remote transmitter, driver seat drawer, MOPAR sub, lowered 1" rear, MOPAR/Borla dual tipped exhaust, chrome trimmed GT gauge/airbag surround, front 35% tint, and the ever so important Fuzzy Dice