PT Cruiser Forum

Advertisements
2005 PT Cruiser AC issues

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 27 Aug 2013, 06:12 pm
Fresh Cruiser

Default 2005 PT Cruiser AC issues

Hey Everyone,

I'm brand new at this and I don't even know if this is the right place to post this, but I bought my 2005 PT Cruiser Feb 2013 with 100,000k miles on it in UT; I got the Timing belt changed and a Cam Sensor changed a month later because it just left me stranded.

Now I'm in AZ, and whenever I'm at a red light, or stop sign, the AC blows warm and the car starts vibrating. Along with this, the Temp Gauge goes a little above the half way mark but not all the time.

I just took it to get looked at, and they said I may need a Radiator Flush because the fan was working. I have no clue any of these things, so I need your help with this lol.. I hate to add this, but I'm a female and I'm sure taking it to any repair shop would charge me 100's of extra dollars because I have no clue what the issue is. Pleaseeee helllp. lol

P.S It's also leaking water, but the mechanic said thats normal for cars??

Vanessa

Its non-turbo
Old 27 Aug 2013, 06:34 pm
Obsessed Cruiser

Default Re: 2005 PT Cruiser AC issues

Vanessa, welcome to the forum.

Find a new mechanic, if you can. Cars don't leak! mine is 13 years old without a drop in the garage floor.

He also probably don't know that the radiator fan is two speed and the most common problem is one speed stops working, usually burn out brushes. Find someone that knows about PT's, they would know this. When one speed stops working, it could very well be the problem with the A/C.

- All decisions by the Moderator are semi-permanent, can and may be changed at his discretion but definitely will be the final word. Any action performed by the Administrator or Moderators are not to be discussed on the forum.
Old 27 Aug 2013, 06:45 pm
Obsessed Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by CREWZIN View Post
Vanessa, welcome to the forum.

Find a new mechanic, if you can. Cars don't leak! mine is 13 years old without a drop in the garage floor.

He also probably don't know that the radiator fan is two speed and the most common problem is one speed stops working, usually burn out brushes. Find someone that knows about PT's, they would know this. When one speed stops working, it could very well be the problem with the A/C.
The only time it's normal for cars to leak water is with the ac on and the condensation runs out from the ventilation system in the car. This is only water. If they were talking from the coolant system ( radiator and such) like CREWZIN said that is never normal.

03 Dream stock___________________________ 04 Touring turbo lite stock_________ 02 Touring stock_____________________ The "Three Amigos"
__________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ ___________Performance, Body and Service, OEM

This Is my project page.
http://www.ptcruiserlinks.com/forum/...oject-1-a.html

This is a great read from one of our own! Badglas
badglas.blogspot.com
Old 27 Aug 2013, 06:51 pm
Obsessed Cruiser

Jumped too fast about the leak. As Busted said, if it's water, coming down somewhere around the passenger front wheel, then it's condensation and it will be clear water. Any color in that leak and you have the choice of coolant, oil or trans fluid.

- All decisions by the Moderator are semi-permanent, can and may be changed at his discretion but definitely will be the final word. Any action performed by the Administrator or Moderators are not to be discussed on the forum.
Old 27 Aug 2013, 09:10 pm
Fresh Cruiser

So if the fan isnt working properly, then the whole thing needs to be replaced? Just the actual fan? From what ive read, it more than likely is the fan. What do you guys think based on my details.

Would the fan work if it was the issue? I do know that when I popped the hood, I DID hear a fan, but not sure if it was the high one or low level. The AC was on..

Thanks guys!

Tags
2005, a/c, idle