PT Cruiser Forum

Advertisements
Parking sensor

Like Tree3Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 31 Aug 2013, 06:48 pm
Fresh Cruiser

Default Parking sensor

I will be installing the parking sensor on my 06, i already ordered the sensors to match my car color (blue).
so the thing is how to get the cable goes from the rear bumper (where the sensors are installed) to the front dash where the small led panel suppose to be!!

any idea?

attached, the colored sensor they suppose to send me..

Thanks in advance
Attached Images
File Type: jpg CIMG2389.jpg (76.2 KB, 55 views)
Old 31 Aug 2013, 08:25 pm
Obsessed Cruiser

Talking Re: Parking sensor

I've always been able to park safely without a sensor.
And, I'm 66 yo!
rob342 likes this.

2011 GWE Dodge Challenger SRT8 as Show Car
2003 PT Cruiser GT Panel Van Conversion as new day driver.

Have now owned 6 PT Cruisers = Me PT Crazy!
Old 31 Aug 2013, 09:09 pm
Obsessed Cruiser

Default Re: Parking sensor

I'm 68 and I can park without them also BUT they are standard in my 2011 Taurus Sheriff's car and once in awhile they do come in handy.

I'm not sure what you asking about. The kit should come with instructions so you need to run the wires from the rear where the sensors are to the front LED panel. Most of the panels inside the PT pop off to let you run the wires hidden. You ight need to drill a hole or two to get the wires inside the car. You'll also have to find a hot fuse that's on with the ignition (shouldn't be hard) and a place to place the LED panel, maybe in the center dash.

If all that is too much, there's audio/stereo places that will install a kit like that for a fee.

- All decisions by the Moderator are semi-permanent, can and may be changed at his discretion but definitely will be the final word. Any action performed by the Administrator or Moderators are not to be discussed on the forum.
Old 31 Aug 2013, 11:52 pm
Cool Cruiser

I put a set on my girlfriends 200, and just ran the wires from her trunk area to the rear package shelf.

In your case I would just run the wires to the area where the back up light wires enter the car, then run them to wherever you want the led to be seen.

As far as the power, you just tap off of you back up light.

You can do a search (backup sensors), and you will see" ROCKETMANS mods", he did the install and gave a real good description also.
Red tint tails, chrome trimmed grille, custom towel rack buttonless flamed shifter, auto dimming rear view, Homelink remote transmitter, driver seat drawer, MOPAR sub, lowered 1" rear, MOPAR/Borla dual tipped exhaust, chrome trimmed GT gauge/airbag surround, front 35% tint, and the ever so important Fuzzy Dice
Old 31 Aug 2013, 11:59 pm
Banned

Geez I was right, you guys are old!
Old 01 Sep 2013, 05:39 pm
Obsessed Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by CREWZIN View Post
I'm 68 and I can park without them also BUT they are standard in my 2011 Taurus Sheriff's car and once in awhile they do come in handy.

I'm not sure what you asking about. The kit should come with instructions so you need to run the wires from the rear where the sensors are to the front LED panel. Most of the panels inside the PT pop off to let you run the wires hidden. You ight need to drill a hole or two to get the wires inside the car. You'll also have to find a hot fuse that's on with the ignition (shouldn't be hard) and a place to place the LED panel, maybe in the center dash.

If all that is too much, there's audio/stereo places that will install a kit like that for a fee.
It would really look bad if an old Sheriff backed into somebody.

2011 GWE Dodge Challenger SRT8 as Show Car
2003 PT Cruiser GT Panel Van Conversion as new day driver.

Have now owned 6 PT Cruisers = Me PT Crazy!
Old 01 Sep 2013, 06:02 pm
Obsessed Cruiser

I'm old but dang it, I always hit the stupid parking curbs so the chin on my PT is scratched to heck. I have a "Curb Alert" system but haven't installed it yet. When I do, I'm going to build custom diamond plate polished hardened aluminum panels to put on the chin underneath, that way if I do touch a curb, it will no longer cause issues....
Old 01 Sep 2013, 06:08 pm
Obsessed Cruiser

Welcome back Robin.

I used to cover the bottom rubber chin spoiler with a chrome piece (see pic below). I had to take it off about 2 dozen times times to polish it and bang it back into shape after hitting one thing or another. Finally, took the darn thing off, ordered a new black rubber strip and don't worry about it any more.

Frank,

The rear parking sensor in the Sheriff's Taurus saved my tail a few times after having to back out of a curvy driveway in the backwoods where there wasn't room to turn around. Now when I back into a parking space I sort of depend on it to get me to the exact spot in the parking slot.

- All decisions by the Moderator are semi-permanent, can and may be changed at his discretion but definitely will be the final word. Any action performed by the Administrator or Moderators are not to be discussed on the forum.

Last edited by CREWZIN; 01 Sep 2013 at 06:13 pm.
Old 02 Sep 2013, 01:23 am
Veteran Cruiser

Here is my under $40 "curb alert" for dealing with the front end.
I have installed a Scosche RVC1R wireless backup camera system. The camera is mounted out of sight below the front license-plate holder, aimed down. When switched on, a small 2.5" monitor shows me any curb as the front bumper approaches. I stop the car with the curb stop centered in the monitor at a perfect (and consistent) distance. The camera can be rotated forward or rearward, varying the distance.
(On edit, as) I intend(ed) a thread when I finish collecting pictures. (Here that thread is).
$40 "curb alert" camera

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chromenut View Post
I'm old but dang it, I always hit the stupid parking curbs so the chin on my PT is scratched to heck. I have a "Curb Alert" system but haven't installed it yet. When I do, I'm going to build custom diamond plate polished hardened aluminum panels to put on the chin underneath, that way if I do touch a curb, it will no longer cause issues....
Chromenut likes this.

Last edited by sanatanadharma; 07 Sep 2013 at 12:34 am. Reason: added link
Old 15 Sep 2013, 11:27 pm
Fresh Cruiser

Done with the sensors, ( this is my second order and the color doesn't match.. ) anyway they looks good, i will finish the wiring tomorrow and post some pictures..
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_11333.jpg (95.9 KB, 77 views)