Go Back   PT Cruiser Forum > General Forums > General PT Cruiser Discussions

PT Cruiser Forum

Advertisements
PT starting Issues

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04 Sep 2013, 10:46 pm
Fresh Cruiser

Default PT starting Issues

HI there! I have a 2004 Touring Limited Edition and recently I been having issues starting the car. Its not the battery, I checked already, basically when I turn the key in the ignition to start the car it does nothing, the battery is fine like I said, because the radio and lights and windows or even the ac work, but the engine wont start! Its doesnt do anything! Sometimes if I leave it for a while and try again it will start, other times I have to push down the brake real hard and force the key to start the car, but usally all these tricks work once or twice..... I think it might be the alarm but I took it to the dealer and they said it has nothing to do with the alarm, they said it might be a switch in the ignition..... they told me I needed to pay aroun 700 to fix it.... anyone might have and idea before I break the bank? .... I not quite convinced with the dealers explanation and I really want to fix this! Please help!
Old 04 Sep 2013, 11:59 pm
Fresh Cruiser

Default Re: PT starting Issues

In my previous starting problems(6 times or so), it would mostly end up being grounding problems(and I recently read about the positive cable giving problems and needing replaced). I would have problems of little or no cranking, all lights going out, dash gauges flopping back and forth, clicking,etc.

Last time was a few weeks ago. This time I had someone go in and clean 8 or so grounding points(battery, starter, frame, etc), plus they applied contact protector on each. It's been much better now. Brighter lights, no dash light flickering, etc.