Advertisements
bye bye pt...

Like Tree2Likes
  • 2 Post By mdskinner731

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09 Sep 2013, 09:33 pm
Cool Cruiser

Default bye bye pt...

just as the title states i have decided to sell the pt bruiser (aka DIRTY GIRL)
with just under 200xxx miles on her i've found my self doing major repairs atleast every week. (wheelbearings, ball joints, tires, egr code keeps popping up even with a new egr valve... etc..)
still runs like a champ with much more life left in the engine/transmission

i can say she took 90 thousand miles of pure abuse quite well and i am impressed with it. but because of the harsh miles plus many of times of being driven hard, and put away wet with out a good night kiss i have bought a different more "eco-friendly" car > 2009 VEE Dub tdi jetta w/ a 6 speed transmission.

paid 10,000 for it and just the fuel money i save from buying it pays for my loan payment every month AND puts roughly 40 bucks in my pocket

i'm still going to stick around on here as my mother still has her pt but also wanted to say thank you all for your tech support and suggestions through my venture with my pt!!
chigger_ns and rob342 like this.
Old 09 Sep 2013, 09:44 pm
Veteran Cruiser

Wink Re: bye bye pt...

Sorry to hear your leaving the PT family,had quite a run it sounds......Maybe whoever gets your PT will end up joining ptcruiserlinks,because in the future you'll probably be spending some of your time here: http://www.jettaforums.com/
Old 09 Sep 2013, 10:01 pm
Obsessed Cruiser

Default Re: bye bye pt...

Quote:
Originally Posted by mdskinner731 View Post
just as the title states i have decided to sell the pt bruiser (aka DIRTY GIRL)
with just under 200xxx miles on her i've found my self doing major repairs atleast every week. (wheelbearings, ball joints, tires, egr code keeps popping up even with a new egr valve... etc..)
still runs like a champ with much more life left in the engine/transmission

i can say she took 90 thousand miles of pure abuse quite well and i am impressed with it. but because of the harsh miles plus many of times of being driven hard, and put away wet with out a good night kiss i have bought a different more "eco-friendly" car > 2009 VEE Dub tdi jetta w/ a 6 speed transmission.

paid 10,000 for it and just the fuel money i save from buying it pays for my loan payment every month AND puts roughly 40 bucks in my pocket

i'm still going to stick around on here as my mother still has her pt but also wanted to say thank you all for your tech support and suggestions through my venture with my pt!!
Say it ain't so!!!!! Good luck with your new ride. Sounds like you just got it ready for the next 100K.

03 Dream stock___________________________ 04 Touring turbo lite stock_________ 02 Touring stock_____________________ The "Three Amigos"
__________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ ___________Performance, Body and Service, OEM

This Is my project page.
http://www.ptcruiserlinks.com/forum/...oject-1-a.html

This is a great read from one of our own! Badglas
badglas.blogspot.com
Old 09 Sep 2013, 11:39 pm
Banned

I'm not leaving anytime soon
Old 10 Sep 2013, 10:15 am
Obsessed Cruiser

Your VW will get better mileage, but since diesel costs more than premium, not sure your wallet will notice....
Best of luck to you.

'05 Limited Turbo Lite, (Silver, of course)4-wheel ABS, Sunroof, Spoiler. Mods: E&G Classic grill, K&N FIPK, BTG duals, rear lowered 1.5", LED washer lights, $20 catch can, Aoogah horn, Weatherflectors, Sunroof Deflector, Fuzzy Dice, rear logo flames, rear pinstripe graphic, Gen3 Taillights, rear sway bar, hood struts, Strut bar.
Traded in '02 Silver Touring Edition w/87,000 miles
Old 10 Sep 2013, 11:09 am
Veteran Cruiser

heh.. do you know about propane injection?
Old 10 Sep 2013, 09:34 pm
Cool Cruiser

geez... dont think im leavin yall... how could i turn my back to such a great crowd of people! and yes the pt had a great run and still has much more life in her. i just cannot believe the abuse it took and is still going. where ever i went - the pt went. still never "maxed" it put or hit top speed. but i can say 125 was fast enough!!

i bought the car for 800. spent 1000 on the timing belt and all the fancy doo-dads (header msd ignition coil, mag star wires ect...) wadded a deer... got a check for 2500 from the insurance co. and spent 500 to rebuild all possible suspension related parts from to back left to right!!

so if you do the math this car made me 200 bucks!! not too shabby and still runs great.

i will keep yall posted on how the TDI treats me and of any "mods" i do to it
Old 13 Sep 2013, 03:58 pm
Fresh Cruiser

Enjoy your VW,my wife had an 05 TDI Beetle,Very cost effective and NO REPAIRS needed @100k,she liked the new Fiat and traded it in.