Go Back   PT Cruiser Forum > General Forums > General PT Cruiser Discussions

PT Cruiser Forum

Advertisements
Some Cruisers a looked at

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 16 Sep 2013, 06:28 am
Young Cruiser

Default Some Cruisers a looked at

While I was out window shopping for my next Cruiser, I ran across a "Budget" lot that has several Cruisers, but 2 stuck out.

Has anyone ever seen this series? I haven't google it or done any searches.
It didn't seem to be anything special other then the badge.

I was surprised to see this one, its a Street cruiser, Route 66 edition, it caught my eye, unfortunately it looked good from afar, but not so much upclose, what a shame. I suppose for the right price it would be worth fixing up possibly.

Last edited by NeosCruiser; 16 Sep 2013 at 06:46 am.
Old 16 Sep 2013, 06:35 am
Obsessed Cruiser

Default Re: Some Cruisers a looked at

Quote:
Originally Posted by NeosCruiser View Post
While I was out window shopping for my next Cruiser, I ran across a "Budget" lot that has several Cruisers, but 2 stuck out.

Has anyone ever seen this series? I haven't google it or done any searches.
It didn't seem to be anything special other then the badge.

I was surprised to see this one, its a dream cruiser, it caught my eye, unfortunately it looked good from afar, but not so much upclose, what a shame. I suppose for the right price it would be worth fixing up possibly.

The second one is a street cruser not a dream. Route 66 to be exact. I have seen the first but not sure what colors the came in.

03 Dream stock___________________________ 04 Touring turbo lite stock_________ 02 Touring stock_____________________ The "Three Amigos"
__________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ ___________Performance, Body and Service, OEM

This Is my project page.
http://www.ptcruiserlinks.com/forum/...oject-1-a.html

This is a great read from one of our own! Badglas
badglas.blogspot.com
Old 16 Sep 2013, 06:45 am
Young Cruiser

Yes your correct about the street cruiser. I posted while still half asleep. will edit
Old 16 Sep 2013, 06:52 am
Obsessed Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by NeosCruiser View Post
Yes your correct about the street cruiser. I posted while still half asleep. will edit
It looks ok from the pics. If you are ok with the color. All route 66's were this color. The other one I had only seen in silver. Not sure if it is lagit.

03 Dream stock___________________________ 04 Touring turbo lite stock_________ 02 Touring stock_____________________ The "Three Amigos"
__________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ ___________Performance, Body and Service, OEM

This Is my project page.
http://www.ptcruiserlinks.com/forum/...oject-1-a.html

This is a great read from one of our own! Badglas
badglas.blogspot.com
Old 16 Sep 2013, 12:14 pm
Veteran Cruiser

My 2006 Chrysler PT Cruiser, 36 page, full color sales brochure says Route 66 model was offered in solar yellow only.
The W. P. Chrysler signature series was also available in other Chrysler models at that time (2005-2006).
I quote below from this site; do go there for information.

PT History

"2006 Signature Series - The 2006 Chrysler PT Cruiser Touring Signature Series Package added 16-inch chrome-clad aluminum wheels with 16-inch all-season touring tires, a chrome exhaust tip and W. P. Chrysler signature badges. Additional features included premium cloth sport seats with a six-way power driver seat, driver manual lumbar adjuster, front seat-mounted side air bags, leather-wrapped steering wheel with satin silver spokes, sunscreen glass, a touring suspension, chrome cupholder rings, chrome automatic shifter bezel, speed control and SIRIUS satellite radio. Exterior colors Marine Blue Pearl Coat, Magnesium Pearl Coat, Electric Blue Pearl Coat, Linen Gold Pearl Coat, Inferno Red Crystal Pearl Coat, Bright Silver Metallic Clear Coat, Black and Cool Vanilla Clear Coat were all available on Chrysler PT Cruiser Touring vehicles with the Signature Series Package. Badge

2006 Street Cruiser Route 66 Edition - Available with manual or automatic transaxle, equipped with sport suspension and four-wheel ABS disc brakes and traction control, it was powered with the standard 150hp engine. The Solar Yellow color was exclusive to this model and included the yellow color on the grille and brake calipers, but it is reported that the car was available inblack as well. Exterior features included sunscreen glass, rear spoiler, 17-inch chrome plated five-spoke wheels, a Street Cruiser badge on the lift-gate, and Route 66 badges on the front doors. The instrument cluster and passenger airbag door were Solar Yellow. Seats were Pastel Slate Gray cloth. A leather wrapped Satin Silver spoked steering wheel, six-way power driver's seat, side airbags, remote keyless entry, Sentry Key engine immobilizer, speed sensitive power door locks, and AM/FM six-disc CD changer radio were included. It has been reported on the Internet that there were 1,443 of these cars built for North America, and that the cars built for world markets were available in black as well as yellow, but we have not verified either of these statements."

Last edited by sanatanadharma; 16 Sep 2013 at 12:24 pm. Reason: add reference to 2006 sales literature
Old 16 Sep 2013, 01:43 pm
Obsessed Cruiser

good info to ahve
Old 16 Sep 2013, 02:11 pm
Veteran Cruiser

Question Re: Some Cruisers a looked at

What about the one in the upper left of this photo?....Might be able to get a good deal on it(looks like a Gen-1 PT).
Old 16 Sep 2013, 03:05 pm
Fanatic Cruiser

I've only seen W. P. Chrysler (Walter P. Chrysler) 300's and Town & Country's. The PT is a new one for me!
Old 17 Sep 2013, 09:20 am
Young Cruiser

Quote:
What about the one in the upper left of this photo?....Might be able to get a good deal on it(looks like a Gen-1 PT).
LOL That is my current Cruiser its an '05.
Quote:
It looks ok from the pics. If you are ok with the color. All route 66's were this color. The other one I had only seen in silver. Not sure if it is lagit.
I Actually like the color and everything, the interior was in bad shape, but im really looking for a turbo model, even if is not a GT.