PT Cruiser Forum

Advertisements
New radio now off

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 29 Sep 2013, 05:00 am
Fresh Cruiser

Default New radio now off

Hi

I have just installed my new model original factory radio that I have received from the US in my 2001 PT Cruiser. The radio came on and when I switched the car off and later on again the radio would not come on. Have checked the fuses. All ok. Removed the new radio and replaced the old factory fitted tape cd radio. This one also is not working now. I am from South Africa and the radio was ordered on line. Can anyone help?
Old 29 Sep 2013, 06:37 am
Obsessed Cruiser

Default Re: New radio now off

If the old radio isn't working now, it sounds like a power problem. Check the radio fuse again and even though it might look good, replace it and if you have a tester, check that power is coming in at the end of the line to the radio.

- All decisions by the Moderator are semi-permanent, can and may be changed at his discretion but definitely will be the final word. Any action performed by the Administrator or Moderators are not to be discussed on the forum.
Old 29 Sep 2013, 08:30 am
Obsessed Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by CREWZIN View Post
If the old radio isn't working now, it sounds like a power problem. Check the radio fuse again and even though it might look good, replace it and if you have a tester, check that power is coming in at the end of the line to the radio.
Yep, what he said^^^^^^^!

03 Dream stock___________________________ 04 Touring turbo lite stock_________ 02 Touring stock_____________________ The "Three Amigos"
__________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ ___________Performance, Body and Service, OEM

This Is my project page.
http://www.ptcruiserlinks.com/forum/...oject-1-a.html

This is a great read from one of our own! Badglas
badglas.blogspot.com
Old 29 Sep 2013, 10:14 am
Fresh Cruiser

hi
Thanks for answering, no I have taken the radio fuse out and checked with a tester. It is ok. I have also checked and remove the iod fuse what some people suggested.
Old 29 Sep 2013, 11:58 am
Veteran Cruiser

Lightbulb Re: New radio now off

Disconnect the negative battery terminal for about 5 minutes,and tap the brake pedal to remove any residual charge...Then reconnect it a see if it works after that.
Old 05 Oct 2013, 04:11 am
Fresh Cruiser

Hi

The good news is that I checked all the wiring and voltages:,all there and the correct voltage. The bad, is that the radio still is not coming on. Decided to buy an aftermarket radio and rather remove the bugger, piece of s......... and use it for an imported doorstop. Tho only thing I have not checked or could check or activated
is the data link connector.
Thanks mates
Old 05 Oct 2013, 11:08 am
Veteran Cruiser

Question Re: New radio now off

Is the aftermarket radio working correctly?.....Also,someone may correct me if I'm wrong;But,I believe I saw somewhere that European (not sure about S.Africa though?) PT radios require a code for activation?(That may be the problem with a US/imported radio.)

Last edited by randyincctx; 05 Oct 2013 at 11:11 am.