Advertisements
PCM advice needed

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Busted_PT

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09 Oct 2013, 10:48 am
Fresh Cruiser

Default PCM advice needed

Anybody know where to find a pre programmed PCM module for a 07 cruiser for cheaper than $200? Any help is appreciated.
Old 09 Oct 2013, 11:04 am
Obsessed Cruiser

Default Re: PCM advice needed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gavin View Post
Anybody know where to find a pre programmed PCM module for a 07 cruiser for cheaper than $200? Any help is appreciated.
Check on eBay. Go for the free shipping both ways. Make sure you going manufacturing not used.

03 Dream stock___________________________ 04 Touring turbo lite stock_________ 02 Touring stock_____________________ The "Three Amigos"
__________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ ___________Performance, Body and Service, OEM

This Is my project page.
http://www.ptcruiserlinks.com/forum/...oject-1-a.html

This is a great read from one of our own! Badglas
badglas.blogspot.com
Old 09 Oct 2013, 11:42 am
Fresh Cruiser

I got mine from "Auto computer exchange". I love their customer service and I got mine for around $300 and that was with a lifetime warranty. You can get different warranties to vary the price. The lifetime warranty was over $100 added to the price. Just give them your vin and milage, and its sent to you in a couple of days.
Old 09 Oct 2013, 05:19 pm
Veteran Cruiser

Lightbulb Re: PCM advice needed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevkish10 View Post
I got mine from "Auto computer exchange". I love their customer service and I got mine for around $300 and that was with a lifetime warranty. You can get different warranties to vary the price. The lifetime warranty was over $100 added to the price. Just give them your vin and milage, and its sent to you in a couple of days.
I'd probably go with Kev's idea;I think this is the company: 2007 07 Chrysler PT Cruiser ECU ECM PCM engine computer engine control module brain box(Your choice of warranty)
You can choose to gamble with some of the used ones on Ebay,but most of them will require re-programming/re-flashing,by a dealer,or a service shop with the proper programming equipment;I know my local dealer charges $90 for programming,but they WILL NOT program used PCMs,only PCMs purchased from them for $$$$$(I don't know,and don't wanna know how much!).....But,there are less expensive used ones like this on Ebay:
2007 Chrysler PT Cruiser 2 4L ECU ECM Engine Computer P05187761AA | eBay(Will need programming!)
Old 09 Oct 2013, 05:32 pm
Obsessed Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by randyincctx View Post
I'd probably go with Kev's idea;I think this is the company: 2007 07 Chrysler PT Cruiser ECU ECM PCM engine computer engine control module brain box(Your choice of warranty)
You can choose to gamble with some of the used ones on Ebay,but most of them will require re-programming/re-flashing,by a dealer,or a service shop with the proper programming equipment;I know my local dealer charges $90 for programming,but they WILL NOT program used PCMs,only PCMs purchased from them for $$$$$(I don't know,and don't wanna know how much!).....But,there are less expensive used ones like this on Ebay:
2007 Chrysler PT Cruiser 2 4L ECU ECM Engine Computer P05187761AA | eBay(Will need programming!)
Most likely you will have to send the used one off. No dealer is going to reprogram a used one. And have it programmed. Cost you way to much in the end. go reman. I don't know about the lifetime thing. If it's going to fail It usually will right away. Then after that it could be as long as that one that you got. How many more years you going to keep it?
randyincctx likes this.

03 Dream stock___________________________ 04 Touring turbo lite stock_________ 02 Touring stock_____________________ The "Three Amigos"
__________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ ___________Performance, Body and Service, OEM

This Is my project page.
http://www.ptcruiserlinks.com/forum/...oject-1-a.html

This is a great read from one of our own! Badglas
badglas.blogspot.com

Tags
pcm