PT Cruiser Forum  
Advertisements
       

Go Back   PT Cruiser Forum > General Forums > General PT Cruiser Discussions

PT Cruiser Forum

Advertisements
PCM advice needed

 
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Busted_PT

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1 (permalink)  
Old 09 Oct 2013, 10:48 am
Fresh Cruiser
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Posts: 9
Default PCM advice needed

Anybody know where to find a pre programmed PCM module for a 07 cruiser for cheaper than $200? Any help is appreciated.
Reply With Quote
  #2 (permalink)  
Old 09 Oct 2013, 11:04 am
Busted_PT's Avatar
Obsessed Cruiser
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Beckley, W.V.
Posts: 13,903
Default Re: PCM advice needed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gavin View Post
Anybody know where to find a pre programmed PCM module for a 07 cruiser for cheaper than $200? Any help is appreciated.
Check on eBay. Go for the free shipping both ways. Make sure you going manufacturing not used.
__________________

03 Dream stock___________________________ 04 Touring turbo lite stock_________ 02 Touring stock_____________________ The "Three Amigos"
__________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ ___________Performance, Body and Service, OEM

This Is my project page.
http://www.ptcruiserlinks.com/forum/...oject-1-a.html

This is a great read from one of our own! Badglas
badglas.blogspot.com
Reply With Quote
  #3 (permalink)  
Old 09 Oct 2013, 11:42 am
Fresh Cruiser
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Posts: 21
Default Re: PCM advice needed

I got mine from "Auto computer exchange". I love their customer service and I got mine for around $300 and that was with a lifetime warranty. You can get different warranties to vary the price. The lifetime warranty was over $100 added to the price. Just give them your vin and milage, and its sent to you in a couple of days.
Reply With Quote
  #4 (permalink)  
Old 09 Oct 2013, 05:19 pm
randyincctx's Avatar
Veteran Cruiser
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: Corpus Christi,Tx.
Posts: 3,485
Lightbulb Re: PCM advice needed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevkish10 View Post
I got mine from "Auto computer exchange". I love their customer service and I got mine for around $300 and that was with a lifetime warranty. You can get different warranties to vary the price. The lifetime warranty was over $100 added to the price. Just give them your vin and milage, and its sent to you in a couple of days.
I'd probably go with Kev's idea;I think this is the company: 2007 07 Chrysler PT Cruiser ECU ECM PCM engine computer engine control module brain box(Your choice of warranty)
You can choose to gamble with some of the used ones on Ebay,but most of them will require re-programming/re-flashing,by a dealer,or a service shop with the proper programming equipment;I know my local dealer charges $90 for programming,but they WILL NOT program used PCMs,only PCMs purchased from them for $$$$$(I don't know,and don't wanna know how much!).....But,there are less expensive used ones like this on Ebay:
2007 Chrysler PT Cruiser 2 4L ECU ECM Engine Computer P05187761AA | eBay(Will need programming!)
__________________
2003 PT Cruiser (Base-N/A) Patriot Blue Pearl Purchased @ Police Impound Auction for $1,000.
Aka:~KILLER~
Reply With Quote
  #5 (permalink)  
Old 09 Oct 2013, 05:32 pm
Busted_PT's Avatar
Obsessed Cruiser
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Beckley, W.V.
Posts: 13,903
Default Re: PCM advice needed

Quote:
Originally Posted by randyincctx View Post
I'd probably go with Kev's idea;I think this is the company: 2007 07 Chrysler PT Cruiser ECU ECM PCM engine computer engine control module brain box(Your choice of warranty)
You can choose to gamble with some of the used ones on Ebay,but most of them will require re-programming/re-flashing,by a dealer,or a service shop with the proper programming equipment;I know my local dealer charges $90 for programming,but they WILL NOT program used PCMs,only PCMs purchased from them for $$$$$(I don't know,and don't wanna know how much!).....But,there are less expensive used ones like this on Ebay:
2007 Chrysler PT Cruiser 2 4L ECU ECM Engine Computer P05187761AA | eBay(Will need programming!)
Most likely you will have to send the used one off. No dealer is going to reprogram a used one. And have it programmed. Cost you way to much in the end. go reman. I don't know about the lifetime thing. If it's going to fail It usually will right away. Then after that it could be as long as that one that you got. How many more years you going to keep it?
randyincctx likes this.
__________________

03 Dream stock___________________________ 04 Touring turbo lite stock_________ 02 Touring stock_____________________ The "Three Amigos"
__________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ ___________Performance, Body and Service, OEM

This Is my project page.
http://www.ptcruiserlinks.com/forum/...oject-1-a.html

This is a great read from one of our own! Badglas
badglas.blogspot.com
Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
pcm


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
AC help/advice needed cavemanhands General PT Cruiser Discussions 13 05 Jul 2012 06:49 pm
Advice Needed LVActor General PT Cruiser Discussions 13 24 Aug 2009 11:01 pm
Paint Advice Needed zzzhuh General PT Cruiser Discussions 7 26 Aug 2004 05:27 pm
New purchase advice needed cigarjohnny General PT Cruiser Discussions 8 12 Jan 2004 12:15 pm
Amp wiring advice needed... Beacon Sound and Security Forum 2 23 Oct 2003 11:11 am


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:04 am.




Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.2
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
LinkBacks Enabled by vBSEO 3.6.0 PL2 © 2011, Crawlability, Inc.
vB.Sponsors