Go Back   PT Cruiser Forum > General Forums > General PT Cruiser Discussions

PT Cruiser Forum

Advertisements
Ya ever have that feeling??

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 20 Oct 2013, 01:27 am
Cool Cruiser

Default Ya ever have that feeling??

Well I am driving 40 miles home from babysitting my granddaughter at about 1:30am, and decided to take the back roads to see the progress of road construction for the ride home from work during the week.

While doing this I make a consorted effort to keep an eye out for deer, and drive extra cautious.

The last leg of the trip home is on the freeway, I get to my exit and decide to push the PT in the tight hairpin, I hit about 45mph and low and behold out pops a FRIGGING DEER on the exit ramp!

Of course I have to lock the brakes (even though they say drive through it) If I would of drove through it, she would of landed up on my lap.

I managed to just clip her in the hind end, putting a small dent in my left front fender right behind my headlight.

Funny thing is, I was thinking of getting my hood painted before winter (also on my ride home), and thought, ahh just wait till spring.

Well I hate driving with a dented car, so it is off to the body shop (same one that painted my replacement liftgate) to get the fender fixed.

While they have it, I might as well get the hood painted...............it's only money, right?

Guess it is a good thing my money tree isn't quite dormant for the winter
Red tint tails, chrome trimmed grille, custom towel rack buttonless flamed shifter, auto dimming rear view, Homelink remote transmitter, driver seat drawer, MOPAR sub, lowered 1" rear, MOPAR/Borla dual tipped exhaust, chrome trimmed GT gauge/airbag surround, front 35% tint, and the ever so important Fuzzy Dice
Old 20 Oct 2013, 07:02 am
Obsessed Cruiser

Default Re: Ya ever have that feeling??

While I lived up in Maryland, my whole family had encounters with those lovely creatures. I hit one in my Chevy Cavalier Z24. My son hit one with his Mustang GT and my wife messed up her Chevy Storm.

Glad you weren't hurt and nobody was hurt in any of our encounters so I guess it could have been much worse.....

- All decisions by the Moderator are semi-permanent, can and may be changed at his discretion but definitely will be the final word. Any action performed by the Administrator or Moderators are not to be discussed on the forum.
Old 20 Oct 2013, 09:02 am
Regular Cruiser

My question is: How did the venison taste? Elk is better in my opinion and Moose (although does more damage to the car) tastes even better.
Old 20 Oct 2013, 09:25 am
Obsessed Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by VegasPTGT View Post
My question is: How did the venison taste? Elk is better in my opinion and Moose (although does more damage to the car) tastes even better.

Who says they do more damage ......

- All decisions by the Moderator are semi-permanent, can and may be changed at his discretion but definitely will be the final word. Any action performed by the Administrator or Moderators are not to be discussed on the forum.
Old 20 Oct 2013, 10:05 am
Obsessed Cruiser

Hooved rats is what I call them.
I've tagged 5 - and they don't have insurance!

'05 Limited Turbo Lite, (Silver, of course)4-wheel ABS, Sunroof, Spoiler. Mods: E&G Classic grill, K&N FIPK, BTG duals, rear lowered 1.5", LED washer lights, $20 catch can, Aoogah horn, Weatherflectors, Sunroof Deflector, Fuzzy Dice, rear logo flames, rear pinstripe graphic, Gen3 Taillights, rear sway bar, hood struts, Strut bar.
Traded in '02 Silver Touring Edition w/87,000 miles
Old 20 Oct 2013, 01:23 pm
Veteran Cruiser

Exclamation Re: Ya ever have that feeling??

My dad(who's 82 y/o)was raised in central Texas(Aka: Deer Country!)has told me of several instances where people where impaled & killed,when they hit a deer,and it came through the windshield 'hooves first'!
Old 20 Oct 2013, 02:34 pm
Obsessed Cruiser

Cool Re: Ya ever have that feeling??

Sometimes, bad things happen for a good reason.

Glad YOU didn't get any dents.

Yup! Wiffe's dad was a truck driver.
He related a story where he witnessed a semi hit a deer on the interstate...threw it up in the air....falling on a car behind....impaling the driver!

2011 GWE Dodge Challenger SRT8 as Show Car
2003 PT Cruiser GT Panel Van Conversion as new day driver.

Have now owned 6 PT Cruisers = Me PT Crazy!