Go Back   PT Cruiser Forum > General Forums > General PT Cruiser Discussions

PT Cruiser Forum

Advertisements
How Come

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 25 Oct 2013, 07:40 am
Senior Cruiser

Default How Come

I've replaced weak and broken windshield washer nozzles 5 times in 2 years .... anyone else find theirs crumble ? ( obviously sensitive to temp ) and up here they're $35 !
'03 GT Blue/ autostick.. 160,000KM ( That's 100,000miles for y'all South of the border ) All the options, the heated leather is a must up here in Canada, Love the solid heavy duty feel and obvious Torque.. The Turbo is strong, fast and reliable.. People that don't understand the love of a PT, probably don't deserve to.
Old 25 Oct 2013, 08:06 am
Obsessed Cruiser

Default Re: How Come

Chemicals probably play a part as well. Freezing of course will bust them. But you are probably on top of that.

03 Dream stock___________________________ 04 Touring turbo lite stock_________ 02 Touring stock_____________________ The "Three Amigos"
__________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ ___________Performance, Body and Service, OEM

This Is my project page.
http://www.ptcruiserlinks.com/forum/...oject-1-a.html

This is a great read from one of our own! Badglas
badglas.blogspot.com
Old 25 Oct 2013, 09:04 am
Regular Cruiser

Every once in a while I'll notice a trickle of wiper fluid running down the hood even though I hadn't used the washers. Is this a symptom of a bad nozzle?

2005 N/A, Cool Vanilla
Adds
PT Wheel Centers, PT Valve Stem Caps
Mopar Chrome Exhaust Tip
Mopar Molded Rear Splash Guards
Mopar Rear Step Pad
K&N Filter
Pioneer Speakers/Receiver w/BlueTooth & HD Radio
Mopar Powered Sub
Old 25 Oct 2013, 09:16 am
Senior Cruiser

I see some on eBay for $15 with free shipping. I'm not sure how that works for a Canadian buyer, though. I just had an eBay item ship to a buyer in Australia and the package had to be shipped first to eBay's new international shipping hub for them to forward it to the buyer and charge him a ridiculously high cost.
IE: A $29.99 item @ a $36 shipping fee.

Anyway, I have seen some posts reporting failed washer nozzles before but yours is the worst case that I recall. I agree with Busted's comments so maybe you could try making your own mix of distilled water and alcohol.
Old 25 Oct 2013, 09:41 am
Senior Cruiser

I spend the extra on rainX fluid with all it's magic powers.. Interesting if it doesn't chew through the plastic... The dealer parts counter guy shrugs .......
'03 GT Blue/ autostick.. 160,000KM ( That's 100,000miles for y'all South of the border ) All the options, the heated leather is a must up here in Canada, Love the solid heavy duty feel and obvious Torque.. The Turbo is strong, fast and reliable.. People that don't understand the love of a PT, probably don't deserve to.
Old 25 Oct 2013, 03:46 pm
Obsessed Cruiser

Cool Re: How Come

Since you don't have the direct sun and heat problem that we do in the lower States, my guess is fluid in the nozzles/hoses is freezing.
I would use a "de-icing" washer fluid most of the year if I were you.
I've had 3 Cruisers, over 7 years now, and have only replaced one individual nozzle.

2011 GWE Dodge Challenger SRT8 as Show Car
2003 PT Cruiser GT Panel Van Conversion as new day driver.

Have now owned 6 PT Cruisers = Me PT Crazy!

Last edited by soonercruiser; 26 Oct 2013 at 12:26 pm.
Old 25 Oct 2013, 06:45 pm
Obsessed Cruiser

The nozzles on daughter's and son-in-law's '03 GTs both disintegrated. The plastic crumbled where hose plugs in. I replaced with replacement LED nozzles and didn't hook up the LEDs.

'05 Limited Turbo Lite, (Silver, of course)4-wheel ABS, Sunroof, Spoiler. Mods: E&G Classic grill, K&N FIPK, BTG duals, rear lowered 1.5", LED washer lights, $20 catch can, Aoogah horn, Weatherflectors, Sunroof Deflector, Fuzzy Dice, rear logo flames, rear pinstripe graphic, Gen3 Taillights, rear sway bar, hood struts, Strut bar.
Traded in '02 Silver Touring Edition w/87,000 miles
Old 25 Oct 2013, 08:13 pm
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by 05vanilla View Post
Every once in a while I'll notice a trickle of wiper fluid running down the hood even though I hadn't used the washers. Is this a symptom of a bad nozzle?
I had this happen, too, on my '06 Touring Edition. The service advisor at my local dealership said it was due to a clogged nozzle. They were doing some other work on my car and I had them replace both nozzles and it stopped the problem.

Last edited by rckstein; 25 Oct 2013 at 08:16 pm.
Old 25 Oct 2013, 09:26 pm
Senior Cruiser

No doubt a clog maybe.. but 5 now ? ... New theory ..... I peeled away some of the hood insulation the first time, probably over exposed now .. appreciate the input
Old 26 Oct 2013, 12:29 pm
Obsessed Cruiser

Red face Re: How Come

Quote:
Originally Posted by rckstein View Post
I had this happen, too, on my '06 Touring Edition. The service advisor at my local dealership said it was due to a clogged nozzle. They were doing some other work on my car and I had them replace both nozzles and it stopped the problem.

I did a "stupid" last week.

Soooooo....I just took the reservoir out and cleaned it well.
Can't hurt to do that periodically.
You never know what will "accidentally" get into your washer restoring.

2011 GWE Dodge Challenger SRT8 as Show Car
2003 PT Cruiser GT Panel Van Conversion as new day driver.

Have now owned 6 PT Cruisers = Me PT Crazy!