Advertisements
PT DESKTOP THEMES

Like Tree2Likes
  • 2 Post By Chromenut

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06 Nov 2013, 09:08 am
Obsessed Cruiser

Thumbs up PT DESKTOP THEMES

For my friends, acquaintances, and PT Family out there, as an FYI I've created a desktop theme with this fabulous PT wallpaper:

Now that's a tiny version of it as my desktop is 1366x768, so it's wide but not tall. Most laptop displays are closer in width to height. Anyway, the deal is if you want me to produce you FOR FREE a desktop wallpaper for your computer/laptop, then simply get me a photo, give me the dimensions in pixels (as listed above mine is 1366x768), and the colors you might want involved with it. The reason I did a colored outline is because the image itself has so much in it that if it covers the entire screen, you sort of miss the icons on your desktop, so I've reduced it's size and boxed it in with a colored banner that is similar to the color of the car. Can do the same/similar for you if you wish.

Also note the image is an HDR, that is why it looks so funky. I can do just a photo and not convert to HDR if that's what you wish. I can also do a digital painting and/or sketch if you want to see what that might look like. That is up to you. Again, this is FREE for my family and friends, so no biggie. Sometimes it takes me a few days to get 'er done for you, but just be patient.

Now here's an example/screen shot of my desktop so you can see why I've added in the silvery-gray borders:

wow, good thing I looked at that desktop image! Just noticed the battery, found out it was unplugged! LMBO!!

Anyway, you can post a message here publicly and attach your image if you wish, or you can email an image to me with your display dimensions and any colors you might want involved, and if you want converted to HDR and/or artistic versus photo. You can email me to the following address (remove spaces and replace at with the proper sign): ptcruiser at hugginsnet.com.

One item to note - if the pixel value of the image you send is tiny, say it's a 780 wide image, then the quality of the display will not be there. The image I used for my display, the original, was 4800 pixels wide - that was a 16 megapixel image, and the quality was high, so creating a desktop wallpaper was simple and easy. If you want to create your own desktop wallpapers and don't know how, but want to do it, simply ask me and I can post here how to do it. You have to have a decent graphics program to do this, but I can tell you that you can download for free Gimp and it's just as good as many graphics programs that you have to pay for. Gimp is darned good, and I use it sometimes because it has a couple of filters that function better than any others so I will use it to edit photos once in a while. Here's Gimp's site: http://www.gimp.org/
mityqwik and Busted_PT like this.

Last edited by Chromenut; 06 Nov 2013 at 09:13 am.