Demise of 03 Dream Cruiser #872

Like Tree7Likes
  • 3 Post By pt06
  • 4 Post By NitroPT

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11 Nov 2013, 08:41 pm
Fresh Cruiser

Default Demise of 03 Dream Cruiser #872

Two weeks ago weeks ago my sister-in-law wrecked my deceased wife's 03 Dream Cruiser. Sister-in-law was more attached to it than I. Over $6000 damage to the front end. It is now officially totaled. Had thought of buying Fresh Cruiser's wrecked PT and transplanting the front end but timing was bad and it didn't work out

For clarification, it is the 03 Series 2 Dream Cruiser. Tangerine color with black and Tangerine leather interior. I believe it is number 872. Car only has 49000 miles on it. It was all stock in pristine condition. It will be at Copart in the Sacramento area after Wednesday. I will post it in the classifieds for easy reference for those of you who need parts. The motor was always serviced with Mobil 1 oil and filters. It has no apparent damage other than the dip stick got crushed. It has the manual transmission.

Since I will no longer be a PT Cruiser owner, I will probably not visit the forum much after today. If anyone has questions about the car, I will check back occasionally for the next few weeks. I have really enjoyed the information from this forum although I rarely posted on it.

Regards, Alan Dingman
03 Dream Cruiser #872 Stock/ No Mods
Old 11 Nov 2013, 08:53 pm
Obsessed Cruiser

Default Re: Demise of 03 Dream Cruiser #872

Sad to hear.

'05 Limited Turbo Lite, (Silver, of course)4-wheel ABS, Sunroof, Spoiler. Mods: E&G Classic grill, K&N FIPK, BTG duals, rear lowered 1.5", LED washer lights, $20 catch can, Aoogah horn, Weatherflectors, Sunroof Deflector, Fuzzy Dice, rear logo flames, rear pinstripe graphic, Gen3 Taillights, rear sway bar, hood struts, Strut bar.
Traded in '02 Silver Touring Edition w/87,000 miles
Old 11 Nov 2013, 09:31 pm
Banned

Why is this only your 5th post since 2007?
Old 12 Nov 2013, 03:24 am
Senior Cruiser

Dream 03; sorry about your wife. Time makes things better; but the good thoughts never go away.

I'd like to appologize for Busa's post. Sometimes he/she types before thinking.
Old 12 Nov 2013, 10:20 am
Obsessed Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by pt06 View Post
Dream 03; sorry about your wife. Time makes things better; but the good thoughts never go away.

I'd like to appologize for Busa's post. Sometimes he/she types before thinking.
Busa is a he/she....who dove known ?

Alan if you still have your PT in your possession and want to get it fix pm me and maybe we can get it done for a lot less then 6k?
I am in Lincoln.

Dalai Lama
"Share you knowledge. It's the best way to achieve immortality."
ASE MASTER TECHNICIAN
Old 12 Nov 2013, 08:34 pm
Fresh Cruiser

I don't have a lot of time to sit in front of the computer. For 9 months last year it was eat, sleep, work, spend time with my wife in the hospital. I work 12 hours a night as a truck driver. I don't post much on any of the forums I belong to. Hemi truck, Triumph RAT, other PT forum etc. They have all been informative and entertaining.
Old 12 Nov 2013, 08:39 pm
Fresh Cruiser

Nitro PT, I was all set to cash out, then when I woke up this evening had msg from sister-in-law that they might want to buy car to fix. Salvage value $865. I don't have time for it. If we buy it back, I will send you a PM.