PT Cruiser Forum

Advertisements
HELP IN POWER

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 13 Nov 2013, 02:27 am
Fresh Cruiser

Default HELP IN POWER

HELP

I am new member here at forum. I am from Europe and need help. I have PT 2001 2.0L GASOLINE, and my car have consumption 12-15l/100km.These is too much for my opinion.

Would you be so kind and tell me what must i do to get some power, to get some monster on these engine.

Thank you

see you soon
KULI
Old 13 Nov 2013, 06:42 am
Obsessed Cruiser

Default Re: HELP IN POWER

I've already answered you in a Private Message since you asked the same question. Be happy with what you have. Keep it tuned up, proper inflation of the times and drive conservatively. That will be best for your mileage. POWER costs money (Euro's), how fast do you want to go. More Euro's = more speed, and it' ain't cheap. Should have picked up the Diesel Turbo instead of the N/A cruiser.

- All decisions by the Moderator are semi-permanent, can and may be changed at his discretion but definitely will be the final word. Any action performed by the Administrator or Moderators are not to be discussed on the forum.
Old 13 Nov 2013, 07:20 am
Fanatic Cruiser

That figures out to be only about 17-18 mpg or so...keeping the tires properly inflated, the brakes properly adjusted, a clean air filter, and fresh plugs will all help but most of all, your driving style will have the biggest impact on your mileage. Since you are looking for power, my guess is that you drive in a manner that lowers fuel economy. If you want power from the 2.0, check out the various Neon websites.
Old 13 Nov 2013, 06:39 pm
Veteran Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by CREWZIN View Post
I've already answered you in a Private Message since you asked the same question.
he PM'd me this too, and i was contemplating what to write. i mean, what can you really say? then i saw it posted here, and your response on here, and it was like a sigh of relief.

it's a "cruiser". it will never be the fastest, or most economical car on the street.
Old 13 Nov 2013, 09:31 pm
Banned

I told him to buy a Prius
Old 14 Nov 2013, 02:04 am
Fresh Cruiser

pt fans

thank you for your answers. I just ask becouse i hope that i can to do some work on my engine.

thats all I love my PT and i wanna do the best.

THANK YOU AGAIN

KULI