Advertisements
Death of an icon

Like Tree7Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 24 Nov 2013, 01:32 am
Veteran Cruiser

Send a message via Yahoo to WolfmanG
Default Death of an icon

Hello to old and new. for tho's of you who have got to know me you know i've been going through a lot. You guys know that i went through some depression, and lost interest with a lot of stuff, including this website. well since the last time i was really on here i was still working for citibank, i was married and wasnt a father. well i got fired from citibank, then i got hired by wells fargo then got fired from there too. i got a job at Aaron's as a delivery guy so i really didn't have time for anything. if i wasn't working i was resting. last yr at the end of september i finally got the strength to leave my wife. lol i know that sounds bad but i was miserable. a month after i left we found out that my ex was pregnant. fast forward to may of this yr and i became a father. fast forward to this past monday, 11-18-2013, and i lost a piece of me that i'll never get back.
Eve was always good to me and i tried my best to be good for her. Every time we got some where safe, i would blow her kisses. It pains me to write about this cuz i havent really loved a car or put so much into a car since my 1st.
on the 18th i was on my way to see my daughter at her mom's house when some @$$hole ran the red light and took out my front end. i know he hit me at a high speed because the impact turned Eve about 45 degrees and i was able to coast her into the gas station that was at that corner. i never saw the guy coming. when he hit me all i saw was white and after Eve came to a stop i sat there in shock holding onto the chest strap of the seatbelt. She hugged me so hard she gave me a bruise going across my tummy and my chest. the air bag burned some of my hair on my left wrist. i never knew there was an airbag to protect my shins. i'm guessing when that bottom panel blew it gave me the cuts and bruises that i have on my lest shin. i hit my shoulder really hard on the door so that's sore and it makes it kinda hard for me to lift things with that arm. the day after the accident i noticed my lower back was starting to stiffen up. i went to the doc and he prescribed me a muscle relaxer and an anti-inflammatory. he also sent me to physical therapy.
As of now, i'm doing ok. i have PTSD but i drive for a living so i'm coping.
as im car shopping i do find myself looking for GT's but i can't do it. i just can't do it again. it's like getting married, that sh*t ain't happened again, it's too painful. i appreciate and love all of you guys. Y'all have always been so good to me and i hope i've been the same for you. The PT Cruiser isn't just a car, it's a lifestyle. Thank you for taking time out to read this.

Thank you Robin and George for posting my pix and creating a this thread WolfmanG had a bad accident!
and for those who want to see what was done to my pt from start to finish you can check out my mods here The Eve saga
and here's a couple of pix of my daughter
randyincctx and username like this.
Old 24 Nov 2013, 07:09 am
Banned

Default Re: Death of an icon

I hope you are not in a lot of pain.

Judging by the pic you are going to need alot of therapy for your jaw.

Good Luck

Last edited by Busa_Powered; 24 Nov 2013 at 07:12 am.
Old 24 Nov 2013, 09:19 am
Obsessed Cruiser

Danny, Not sure what to say after that. Makes most of the rest of us thank heaven for what we have because you never know what's around the corner. My prayers and thoughts go out to you and your lovely daughters. Wish you well on your recovery as I know how that goes as I'm going through six weeks of PT myself for a bad back that will need surgery in a couple months. Wish you the best and hoping the future will wipe out the bad memories of the past.

- All decisions by the Moderator are semi-permanent, can and may be changed at his discretion but definitely will be the final word. Any action performed by the Administrator or Moderators are not to be discussed on the forum.
Old 24 Nov 2013, 11:08 am
Obsessed Cruiser

I know how much Eve meant to you and it was a shock to hear and see what happened to her. But the big thing is your are safe and reasonable unhurt, and your little girl wasn't with you at the time. Hopefully you will get a decent pay out, and maybe a new PT? Convertible Turbo?????

Take Care!!
Old 24 Nov 2013, 01:23 pm
Banned

He already stated he is not getting another pt

Quote:
Originally Posted by PiperGeorge View Post
I know how much Eve meant to you and it was a shock to hear and see what happened to her. But the big thing is your are safe and reasonable unhurt, and your little girl wasn't with you at the time. Hopefully you will get a decent pay out, and maybe a new PT? Convertible Turbo?????

Take Care!!
Old 24 Nov 2013, 01:33 pm
Senior Cruiser

Thumbs up Re: Death of an icon

IM glad you made it thru. we will keep you in our prayers and hope you heal fast.and hope you get another cruiser there built pretty tuff
Old 24 Nov 2013, 01:53 pm
Veteran Cruiser

Cool Re: Death of an icon

Yep,I was sorry to here about a fellow Texan with a PT having bad luck.....Wish the the best,Danny.
Just out of curiosity,I know most intersections look alike....But,for some reason,that looks kinda like one on Perrin-Bietel,or Thousand Oaks?
Old 24 Nov 2013, 02:06 pm
Obsessed Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by Busa_Powered View Post
He already stated he is not getting another pt
Minds can be changed!! A drive in a convertible Turbo with the top down "could" change it!
mityqwik likes this.
Old 24 Nov 2013, 03:47 pm
Obsessed Cruiser

Cool Re: Death of an icon

With OUR children in the car on trips, we always drove bigger vehicles.....Caravan.....wiffie's Grand Marquis.
PT is just for me and fun!
Prayers for quick recovery.

Not sure where Busa's "Therapy on your Jaw" comment is coming from.
Speaking as the resident expert on facial pain and TMD, I can tell you that when you get hit on an angle and whipped around, lots of things will hurt, and others will either eventually hurt because others are hurting worst right now, or the "others" take more time to come on or result from "compensation" posture...especially if you are already stressed and have a tendency to clich or grind your teeth.

All those postural muscle groups work together in balancing you head and jaw.
So, try not to accommodate by changing posture or function.
Rest the muscles; lots of "moist" heat (it penetrates better); take the anti-inflammatory meds for at least 3 weeks....unless you have side effects or cannot take aspirin derivatives.
Clinical studies have shown that it takes at least 3 weeks for the blood levels of anti-inflammatory to build up to the point of relief of chronic pain and inflammation. Over-the-counter Motrin is just fine...if 400mg is cheaper....take 2 at a time.
By high dose , I mean like 800mg Motrin 3 times a day...so that the blood level works up evenly and stable.
If you cannot take that, or the stomach starts killing you; ask you doc for a Cox-2 inhibitor like Celebrex.

Other free advice on any TMJ probles is available on the National Institute of Health (NIH.gov) website for free; including a good info pamphlet on TMJ problems.
(Everyone has "TMJ"....they should have two of them! TMDysfunction is TMD!)

2011 GWE Dodge Challenger SRT8 as Show Car
2003 PT Cruiser GT Panel Van Conversion as new day driver.

Have now owned 6 PT Cruisers = Me PT Crazy!

Last edited by soonercruiser; 24 Nov 2013 at 04:03 pm.
Old 24 Nov 2013, 04:53 pm
Obsessed Cruiser

Life can be a roller coaster sometimes - I'm glad you are okay.

'05 Limited Turbo Lite, (Silver, of course)4-wheel ABS, Sunroof, Spoiler. Mods: E&G Classic grill, K&N FIPK, BTG duals, rear lowered 1.5", LED washer lights, $20 catch can, Aoogah horn, Weatherflectors, Sunroof Deflector, Fuzzy Dice, rear logo flames, rear pinstripe graphic, Gen3 Taillights, rear sway bar, hood struts, Strut bar.
Traded in '02 Silver Touring Edition w/87,000 miles