PT Cruiser Forum  
Advertisements
       

Go Back   PT Cruiser Forum > General Forums > General PT Cruiser Discussions

PT Cruiser Forum

Advertisements
Had enough!!! Want an Air Horn!!!

 
Like Tree6Likes

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1 (permalink)  
Old 20 Dec 2013, 10:05 pm
Cool Cruiser
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 268
Default Had enough!!! Want an Air Horn!!!

Ok guys quick question has anyone done a airhorn mod on their pt cruiser? The horns on my '08 are just too wimpy. Here in Fl during season these old snow birds don't signal, cross 3 lanes of traffic then decide they are still in the wrong lane, and then flip me off after I had to stand on the brakes to stop to avoid hitting them cause they don't see me. Looked at ebay and saw a couple air horns 12v that sound like a locomotive, lol. Yes I want to hit my horn and have them say it then do it in their pants. So even if they have their hearing aid turn down or off they are gonna hear it. Wiring looks simple connect to old horn, hook up airsupply and done,hopefully it is that simply, that is why I am checking here first to make sure I have not overlooked something. thanks any info will be great!!!
__________________
Spooky
2008 Touring Edition 26,000 Miles


R.I.P. Penny
2001 - Limited Edition - 234,067 + Miles
120,000 spark plugs Bosch Platinum 4
135,000 - Timing belt,
170,000 - Radiator
190,000 PCV and hose
200,000 Spark plugs Bosch Platinum IR Fusion
200,235 - Oil Sensor
Reply With Quote
  #2 (permalink)  
Old 20 Dec 2013, 10:38 pm
Handy_Cruiser's Avatar
Obsessed Cruiser
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: Arkansas
Posts: 10,427
Default Re: Had enough!!! Want an Air Horn!!!

My 2001 horns sound great.

If I remember right, somewhere along the way Chrysler deleted the second horn. So instead of have two "tuned" horns playing in harmony, you've only got one. And that's why it sounds weak.

If you install two tuned aftermarket electric horns, you should be good to go. Or you can pull two off any salvage car and use those. Just make sure they both come from the same car so they will be tuned.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #3 (permalink)  
Old 20 Dec 2013, 10:40 pm
soonercruiser's Avatar
Obsessed Cruiser
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Oklahoma City
Posts: 7,940
Thumbs up Re: Had enough!!! Want an Air Horn!!!

I hear ya' !"

Both my 2010 Couture, and the 2005 Dream Cruiser I just bought have had aftermarket horns installed.
A few weeks ago I put in the Dream Cruiser the loudest Wolo that I could find at Pep Boys.
Just what I wanted....short of air horns.
__________________
Frank, aka SOONERCRUISER,

2011 GWE Dodge Challenger SRT8 as Show Car
2003 PT Cruiser GT Panel Van Conversion as new day driver.

Have now owned 6 PT Cruisers = Me PT Crazy!
Reply With Quote
  #4 (permalink)  
Old 20 Dec 2013, 11:13 pm
Cool Cruiser
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 268
Default Re: Had enough!!! Want an Air Horn!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by soonercruiser View Post
I hear ya' !"

Both my 2010 Couture, and the 2005 Dream Cruiser I just bought have had aftermarket horns installed.
A few weeks ago I put in the Dream Cruiser the loudest Wolo that I could find at Pep Boys.
Just what I wanted....short of air horns.
looked them up at advanced auto actually was able to hear them, good possibility.
__________________
Spooky
2008 Touring Edition 26,000 Miles


R.I.P. Penny
2001 - Limited Edition - 234,067 + Miles
120,000 spark plugs Bosch Platinum 4
135,000 - Timing belt,
170,000 - Radiator
190,000 PCV and hose
200,000 Spark plugs Bosch Platinum IR Fusion
200,235 - Oil Sensor
Reply With Quote
  #5 (permalink)  
Old 21 Dec 2013, 01:29 am
Banned
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Dallas Texas
Posts: 3,722
Default Re: Had enough!!! Want an Air Horn!!!

Yeah the gray heads are crazy like that.

Perhaps we should be thankful the arthritis hasnt got too deep in their fingers, that they are still able to use their fingers for gestures.

Oh, and old people cant hear anyway, so why bother with horns



Quote:
Originally Posted by Teknoron67 View Post
Ok guys quick question has anyone done a airhorn mod on their pt cruiser? The horns on my '08 are just too wimpy. Here in Fl during season these old snow birds don't signal, cross 3 lanes of traffic then decide they are still in the wrong lane, and then flip me off after I had to stand on the brakes to stop to avoid hitting them cause they don't see me. Looked at ebay and saw a couple air horns 12v that sound like a locomotive, lol. Yes I want to hit my horn and have them say it then do it in their pants. So even if they have their hearing aid turn down or off they are gonna hear it. Wiring looks simple connect to old horn, hook up airsupply and done,hopefully it is that simply, that is why I am checking here first to make sure I have not overlooked something. thanks any info will be great!!!
Reply With Quote
  #6 (permalink)  
Old 21 Dec 2013, 07:51 am
Obsessed Cruiser
 
Join Date: Sep 2001
Posts: 27,744
Default Re: Had enough!!! Want an Air Horn!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Busa_Powered View Post

Oh, and old people cant hear anyway, so why bother with horns
Because it's the young and inattentive middle age drivers that need to hear the horn or see the digit when they do stupid maneuvers out on the road.
mityqwik and Busted_PT like this.
__________________
Rules of the forum have been updated as of *07/07/2019* Please read them over.

- All decisions by the Moderator are semi-permanent, can and may be changed at his discretion but definitely will be the final word. Any action performed by the Administrator or Moderators are not to be discussed on the forum.
Reply With Quote
  #7 (permalink)  
Old 21 Dec 2013, 07:56 am
Fanatic Cruiser
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Mount Gilead, Ohio
Posts: 633
Default Re: Had enough!!! Want an Air Horn!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Busa_Powered View Post
Yeah the gray heads are crazy like that.

Perhaps we should be thankful the arthritis hasnt got too deep in their fingers, that they are still able to use their fingers for gestures.

Oh, and old people cant hear anyway, so why bother with horns
It's not that we can't hear............we are ignoring you!
Busted_PT and zamfir2 like this.
Reply With Quote
  #8 (permalink)  
Old 21 Dec 2013, 09:09 am
randyincctx's Avatar
Veteran Cruiser
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: Corpus Christi,Tx.
Posts: 3,485
Question Re: Had enough!!! Want an Air Horn!!!

I myself have wondered the same thing,mine is a 2003(1 of the stock horns were 'deleted'!).....I've heard lots about adding a second 'stock' horn,and plenty of 'Ahooga' horns;But, I wanna hear about someone who has installed Hella Dual Air like these: Hella 003001601 Twin Tone Horn Kit 795Hz 840Hz 118nu l lwCompress | eBay
__________________
2003 PT Cruiser (Base-N/A) Patriot Blue Pearl Purchased @ Police Impound Auction for $1,000.
Aka:~KILLER~
Reply With Quote
  #9 (permalink)  
Old 21 Dec 2013, 11:32 am
Regular Cruiser
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Posts: 129
Default Re: Had enough!!! Want an Air Horn!!!

If you really want to get their attention get a set of used air horns still attached to the semi. Hard to miss a big wheelers grille staring down at you!!!!!! Might not even have to use the horns driving around that much metal.
Reply With Quote
  #10 (permalink)  
Old 21 Dec 2013, 11:46 am
mityqwik's Avatar
Senior Cruiser
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Hampton roads Va.
Posts: 1,966
Thumbs up Re: Had enough!!! Want an Air Horn!!!

go to the search option here and look up chromenut he has put a few horns in his cruiser and if i remember he also explains how to go about installing them
__________________
It takes 8,460 bolts to assemble an automobile,
and one nut to scatter it all over the road
Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
05 Horn Goes Off By Itself bethelkid General PT Cruiser Discussions 2 30 Dec 2010 11:11 am
Got a horn. ucantcme General PT Cruiser Discussions 16 13 Jul 2008 01:15 am
My horn :( ucantcme General PT Cruiser Discussions 10 27 Jun 2008 02:12 pm
the horn turbomangt Sound and Security Forum 16 28 Feb 2003 08:09 pm


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:04 am.




Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.2
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
LinkBacks Enabled by vBSEO 3.6.0 PL2 © 2011, Crawlability, Inc.
vB.Sponsors