Go Back   PT Cruiser Forum > General Forums > General PT Cruiser Discussions

PT Cruiser Forum

Advertisements
2002 Pt cruiser won't start after turning it off

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 23 Dec 2013, 04:23 pm
Fresh Cruiser

Default 2002 Pt cruiser won't start after turning it off

So the other day we had this problem, went into wawa came out and tried to start that car but nothing.... Power to the interior and everything but car wouldn't crank, just a small click from the sarter, so thought it was the battery... Went bought a new one and still nothing, remember the starter trick and gave it a few smacks and she started so when I got home replaced the starter and started everytime for the past 3 days, now today I went into a house did my inspection came out and the cars doing it again, started perfect all day long till now.. All I get is a nice solid click but no cranking, unless the brand new starter decided to take a crap after a few days what else could it be, I fallowed a step I found to turn on the headlights and try to start the car, if they don't dim it's the PCM and if they do it's something else, they didn't dim when I tried to start it..... I'm lost on where to go from here cause everything I've read on this car basically tells me the starting system on this car is complete junk and the rest of the electrical isn't much better u
Old 23 Dec 2013, 05:17 pm
Obsessed Cruiser

Default Re: 2002 Pt cruiser won't start after turning it off

Check your cable connections. All of them. Follow each cable to the next junction and clean them. You didn't say if your getting the clicking still.

03 Dream stock___________________________ 04 Touring turbo lite stock_________ 02 Touring stock_____________________ The "Three Amigos"
__________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ ___________Performance, Body and Service, OEM

This Is my project page.
http://www.ptcruiserlinks.com/forum/...oject-1-a.html

This is a great read from one of our own! Badglas
badglas.blogspot.com
Old 23 Dec 2013, 05:34 pm
Fresh Cruiser

They all looked good when I changed the battery and starter but once I get it back home I'll double check again, I'll also pull the starter and take it to get checked since its free, I'll report back as soon as I do all that, and yes I get a single click from the starter witch now that I think about it shouldn't it click more then once or is that just with older vehicles
Old 23 Dec 2013, 06:45 pm
Obsessed Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wfdowns View Post
They all looked good when I changed the battery and starter but once I get it back home I'll double check again, I'll also pull the starter and take it to get checked since its free, I'll report back as soon as I do all that, and yes I get a single click from the starter witch now that I think about it shouldn't it click more then once or is that just with older vehicles
I think they still click more than once.

03 Dream stock___________________________ 04 Touring turbo lite stock_________ 02 Touring stock_____________________ The "Three Amigos"
__________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ ___________Performance, Body and Service, OEM

This Is my project page.
http://www.ptcruiserlinks.com/forum/...oject-1-a.html

This is a great read from one of our own! Badglas
badglas.blogspot.com
Old 23 Dec 2013, 07:08 pm
Fresh Cruiser

Should I be concerned at the fact the car only clicks once?
Old 24 Dec 2013, 04:19 pm
Fresh Cruiser

So it ended up being both battery cables were completly shot. The positive cable was being held together by pure luck
Old 25 Dec 2013, 08:24 am
Senior Cruiser

So was one of the connections corroded or bad? Which cable, the Pos or negative harness?

86 TurboZ CS 2.2 T2 +20's A555
00 Durango SLT+ 5.9 4x4
02 Grand Cherokee 4.7 4x4
03 PT GT Black 5 sp Stg 1 sold
05 PT GT Silver 5 Spd Conv
06 PT GT Cool Vanilla 5 spd Conv
06 PT Base Marine Blue 40TE Conv
15 Grand Cherokee Overland 5.7 QD2
17 Challenger SRT A8 GoMango
18 JL Wrangler Sahara Punkn
20 JL Wrangler Rubicon Ocean Blue