PT Cruiser Forum

Advertisements
Aloha Everybody!!!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04 Jan 2014, 06:00 am
Fresh Cruiser

Default Aloha Everybody!!!

Heyy There,

I've Got a 2002 Pt Cruiser Automatic 2.4 with no Turbo. Recently had the Motor Flushed, and Replaced Radiator that had a hole in it. Shortly after it strated to Overheat for the first Time, so I changed the radiator Cap made sure there was no air in the system and also Replaced the Thermostat. Worked well for a couple of days and then started to overheat again...
Fan Kicks On after Warming Up, and The Coolant is Circulating fine??? Trying to fix it Myself before taking it into Dealer???

Thanks
Old 04 Jan 2014, 08:42 am
Obsessed Cruiser

Default Re: Aloha Everybody!!!

Welcome to the forum.

The fan kicks on after warming up but does it come on as soon as you turn on the A/C? It should, if not, one speed of the fan motor might be burned up.

- All decisions by the Moderator are semi-permanent, can and may be changed at his discretion but definitely will be the final word. Any action performed by the Administrator or Moderators are not to be discussed on the forum.

Last edited by CREWZIN; 04 Jan 2014 at 08:45 am.
Old 04 Jan 2014, 04:23 pm
Fresh Cruiser

Thanks For The Reply, How Do I Know if The Fan is No Good??? Where are the Relays Located....
Old 04 Jan 2014, 04:27 pm
Obsessed Cruiser

In the engine compartment there's a black bx partially hidden by the air filter. under the cover is a diagram that shows what all the boxes and fuses are for and of course if you have the owners manual it explains what everything is for in there. Both high and low fan relays are in the back box. The relays are usually found to be good if the fan isn't working but it doesn't hurt to check. As I said, the fan should come on any time the A/C is ON. if you can hear the fan, it's the high speed. The low speed part of the fan is very quiet.

- All decisions by the Moderator are semi-permanent, can and may be changed at his discretion but definitely will be the final word. Any action performed by the Administrator or Moderators are not to be discussed on the forum.
Old 04 Jan 2014, 05:37 pm
Fresh Cruiser

Awesome Thank You Very Much!!! Another Quick Question, Any Way I Could just take the Thermostat Out Completely and see if it runs better that way?? i mean here in Hawaii it doesn't get cold enough to where i would need a thermostat. Just Wondering... and What is Your Perferred Method of getting air out of the Cooling Sysytem?? THANKS AGAIN
Old 04 Jan 2014, 06:21 pm
Obsessed Cruiser

Yes, you can take the thermostat out if you have kind of skills. The upper manifold needs to come off if you do it the easy way, otherwise it's pretty tight in there. To bleed the air, you need to get at the bleed screw which is right next to the thermostat and bleed the air out a few times to make sure all the air is out.

Old 04 Jan 2014, 06:31 pm
Fresh Cruiser

Great Man Really this is a Big Help!!! So when I bleed it should the car be On and Running before i open the Screw???
Old 04 Jan 2014, 06:32 pm
Obsessed Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by SamoanPT2002 View Post
Awesome Thank You Very Much!!! Another Quick Question, Any Way I Could just take the Thermostat Out Completely and see if it runs better that way?? i mean here in Hawaii it doesn't get cold enough to where i would need a thermostat. Just Wondering... and What is Your Perferred Method of getting air out of the Cooling Sysytem?? THANKS AGAIN
Thermostat housing wont seal with out the t stat in place. Housing may be your issue. :coo Welcome from West Virginia!

03 Dream stock___________________________ 04 Touring turbo lite stock_________ 02 Touring stock_____________________ The "Three Amigos"
__________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ ___________Performance, Body and Service, OEM

This Is my project page.
http://www.ptcruiserlinks.com/forum/...oject-1-a.html

This is a great read from one of our own! Badglas
badglas.blogspot.com
Old 04 Jan 2014, 06:38 pm
Obsessed Cruiser

Great answer from Busted so you need the thermostat to make sure it seals correctly.

On the bleeding....here's an older link that hopefully it will answer your questions...

Bleeding air from cooling system