PT Cruiser Forum  
Advertisements

Go Back   PT Cruiser Forum > General Forums > General PT Cruiser Discussions

PT Cruiser Forum

Advertisements
Cruiser won't start after new battery install Help Please!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08 Jan 2014, 10:09 am
Fresh Cruiser

Default Cruiser won't start after new battery install Help Please!

Hello all! Hope everyone is staying warm. My 2006 Limited will not start. She only has 46,000 miles and I just replaced the battery. The weather here in Ohio has dipped below zero recently, and I went out this morning after putting the new battery in, and it won't turn over. It does seem to be trying, whereas yesterday I was just getting the "clicking".

I tried the key trick to get the code; which gave me the "0522". I have read in other threads that mention possibly banging on the starter to see if the solenoid might be sticking. Pardon my lack of intelligence, but where is this beast located?

Could it be the oil sensor that is keeping her from starting, or could fuel line freeze-up be a possibility? She has a 1/3rd tank of gas..

Any help or suggestions are appreciated!

Thanks All
Old 08 Jan 2014, 11:28 am
Veteran Cruiser

Post Re: Cruiser won't start after new battery install Help Please!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zombiewolf View Post
I have read in other threads that mention possibly banging on the starter to see if the solenoid might be sticking. Pardon my lack of intelligence, but where is this beast located?
Standing in the front of the car,look straight down in between the fan & engine,and you'll see the solenoid sitting right on top of the starter;The problem with the solenoid plunger is,the older it is the drier the grease inside gets,and cold weather just makes it even worse.........But,you still should make sure ALL terminals,cables,and contact points are good & clean(especially the fenderwell grounding point).

Last edited by randyincctx; 08 Jan 2014 at 11:37 am.