Advertisements
swap 07 n/a auto to a pt gt stick

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Handy_Cruiser

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09 Jan 2014, 03:52 pm
Fresh Cruiser

Default swap 07 n/a auto to a pt gt stick

i have a 07 N/A auto pt cruiser and would like to do an engine swag with the gt pt engine and change it to a stick transmission. i already have friends who is willing to do it. the thing is what all has to be done in order to make everything work properly?

i only have 87000 miles on it and i like the base model weight its about 800 lighter then the turbo models. so i dont want to sell my car and buy a used probably broke down pt cause my car looks brand new. i am willing to do engine swag i love how m car looks so no to selling it to get a better looking car
Old 09 Jan 2014, 07:03 pm
Obsessed Cruiser

Default Re: swap 07 n/a auto to a pt gt stick

First buy a complete turbo PT for a donor. You will likely need the entire drive train and the exhaust and wiring harness and ECM and TCM and almost everything electronic from the donor car to make it work. You will need the bumper cover, front cooler and several other things as well.

Someone that's more familiar with the turbo can probably give you a complete list. It would likely be easier to take everything good off your car and put it on the donor turbo car and drive it.

But if you are just dreaming, a better and more realistic dream is to find a Whipple supercharger made for the NA PT engine. Supposedly, that's just a bolt on deal and you are done.

3rcruiser likes this.

Last edited by Handy_Cruiser; 09 Jan 2014 at 07:08 pm.
Old 09 Jan 2014, 07:11 pm
Obsessed Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by Handy_Cruiser View Post
First buy a complete turbo PT for a donor. You will likely need the entire drive train and the exhaust and wiring harness and ECM and TCM and almost everything electronic from the donor car to make it work. You will need the bumper cover, front cooler and several other things as well.

Someone that's more familiar with the turbo can probably give you a complete list. It would likely be easier to take everything good off your car and put it on the donor turbo car and drive it.

But if you are just dreaming, a better and more realistic dream is to find a Whipple supercharger made for the NA PT engine. Supposedly, that's just a bolt on deal and you are done.
And you will need it to be a second gen. Pt like yours. Its the electricals that are the issue.

03 Dream stock___________________________ 04 Touring turbo lite stock_________ 02 Touring stock_____________________ The "Three Amigos"
__________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ ___________Performance, Body and Service, OEM

This Is my project page.
http://www.ptcruiserlinks.com/forum/...oject-1-a.html

This is a great read from one of our own! Badglas
badglas.blogspot.com
Old 22 May 2015, 06:21 pm
Fresh Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by Handy_Cruiser View Post

want sell ur whipple sc?
Old 22 May 2015, 07:23 pm
Obsessed Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by loser View Post
want sell ur whipple sc?
Loser, Handy doesn't HAVE a Whipple, he's just suggesting that Murdock try and find one to put on his car instead of the complete Turbo swap.

- All decisions by the Moderator are semi-permanent, can and may be changed at his discretion but definitely will be the final word. Any action performed by the Administrator or Moderators are not to be discussed on the forum.