Advertisements
Help! 2007 PT Cruiser Touring Edition Problems

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Busted_PT

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 16 Jan 2014, 09:39 pm
Fresh Cruiser

Unhappy Help! 2007 PT Cruiser Touring Edition Problems

I was searching the internet for what could b wrong with my vehicle. It has been at the mechanics for over a month. The mechanic replaced the transmission module sensor when that didn't work he suggested replacing the computer which we just did today. None of which has fixed my car. It all started back in July when the airbag light kept coming on when someone was sitting in the passenger seat. Then last month when I was driving the car on the highway, it seemed like it slammed into park. It wouldn't let me drive over 20 mph or it would do it. My father took it 2 autozone and it gave him the code for the transmission chip module(he couldn't remember the # only what they said the code meant) We live in a very rural area and we do not have any chrysler dealerships close to here. Please help!!
Old 17 Jan 2014, 09:28 pm
Veteran Cruiser

Lightbulb Re: Help! 2007 PT Cruiser Touring Edition Problems

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anitra View Post
It has been at the mechanics for over a month. The mechanic replaced the transmission module sensor when that didn't work he suggested replacing the computer which we just did today. None of which has fixed my car.
Sounds like your car probably ended up in the hands of the wrong mechanic......The whole engine could be rebuilt in less than a month by a good mechanic!;He's probably got your car on the 'back burner' while he works on his 'gravy jobs',and he's playing guessing games,throwing parts at your car,and using your wallet to fund his 'guesses'......Best advice;push,pull,or drag it to someone who is at least familiar with Chrysler vehicles,if you find one that knows about PT Cruisers that's just a bonus!
Old 18 Jan 2014, 12:55 am
Banned

Default Re: Help! 2007 PT Cruiser Touring Edition Problems

That's a lot of assumptions

Quote:
Originally Posted by randyincctx View Post
Sounds like your car probably ended up in the hands of the wrong mechanic......The whole engine could be rebuilt in less than a month by a good mechanic!;He's probably got your car on the 'back burner' while he works on his 'gravy jobs',and he's playing guessing games,throwing parts at your car,and using your wallet to fund his 'guesses'......Best advice;push,pull,or drag it to someone who is at least familiar with Chrysler vehicles,if you find one that knows about PT Cruisers that's just a bonus!
Old 18 Jan 2014, 10:38 am
Obsessed Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by randyincctx View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Busa_Powered View Post
That's a lot of assumptions
I would agree. But that is accurate a guess as it gets. The fact is they don't have a clue so run before the price you into the ground.

03 Dream stock___________________________ 04 Touring turbo lite stock_________ 02 Touring stock_____________________ The "Three Amigos"
__________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ ___________Performance, Body and Service, OEM

This Is my project page.
http://www.ptcruiserlinks.com/forum/...oject-1-a.html

This is a great read from one of our own! Badglas
badglas.blogspot.com
Old 19 Jan 2014, 05:03 pm
Banned

Maybe they have a clue and just want to hose em.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Busted_PT View Post
I would agree. But that is accurate a guess as it gets. The fact is they don't have a clue so run before the price you into the ground.
Old 19 Jan 2014, 07:25 pm
Obsessed Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by Busa_Powered View Post
Maybe they have a clue and just want to hose em.
Maybe it's both. So they should run regardless.
randyincctx likes this.

03 Dream stock___________________________ 04 Touring turbo lite stock_________ 02 Touring stock_____________________ The "Three Amigos"
__________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ ___________Performance, Body and Service, OEM

This Is my project page.
http://www.ptcruiserlinks.com/forum/...oject-1-a.html

This is a great read from one of our own! Badglas
badglas.blogspot.com
Old 19 Jan 2014, 10:33 pm
Veteran Cruiser

Cool Re: Help! 2007 PT Cruiser Touring Edition Problems

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anitra View Post
The mechanic replaced the transmission module sensor when that didn't work he suggested replacing the computer which we just did today. None of which has fixed my car.
I based my assumption on the fact they went for the 2 highest cost items first,they still haven't corrected the original issue,and they've had the car for over a month......I base my 'rebuild' theory,on a previous service department experience,having seen a 1990 Mitsubishi Mighty-Max truck brought in with an empty engine compartment,and ALL parts scattered in the bed(owner attempt @ a rebuild!lol);It was completely rebuilt in 10 business days,and picked up by the customer(I should also add,with NO post assembly 'come-back').
Old 20 Jan 2014, 12:04 am
Veteran Cruiser

Send a message via Yahoo to WolfmanG

maybe you should go back to the shop and see if you can get them to give you the codes then post them on here. we'll be able to help you a little better.