PT Cruiser Forum  
Advertisements

Go Back   PT Cruiser Forum > General Forums > General PT Cruiser Discussions

PT Cruiser Forum

Advertisements
07 Pacific Edition - Overheating/fan issue?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 22 Jan 2014, 02:33 pm
Fresh Cruiser

Default 07 Pacific Edition - Overheating/fan issue?

Okay, my Pt overheated after driving to work when I was at a stop sign, the check engine light also turned on. Mechanic said it was not the water pump because no water leak and the engine code said it was the fan. Mechanic said the fan wasn't working(apparently the part that's connected to the AC). Background info, my old mechanic said that the fan wasn't working over a year ago, wasn't an issue just no AC. There was no overheating though for a year up until two weeks ago.

Got, the PT back after replacing the fan and relays. Check engine light (the code said FAN CIRCUIT) was still on but was told they were just for bad 0'2 sensors. Pt overheated next day. When it went back to mechanic one of the fan relays were bad(burned out), also check the code which sad fan circuit. Replaced relays. Got it back drove around a little no problem.

Next day the check engine light comes on after 2 miles or so of driving. Took back to house. When I turned it off the fan stayed on for 20 mins, I disconnected the battery. Went back to dealer fan was still staying on. They said they checked the modules. But apparently my fuse box is bad.

Does anyone have any ideas? Am I getting the run around? I would take it to the dealer but I've had bad experience with the dealers down in Miami.
Old 22 Jan 2014, 03:52 pm
Obsessed Cruiser

Default Re: 07 Pacific Edition - Overheating/fan issue?

Welcome to the forum,

The bad part about having a 2006+ cruiser is that Chrysler changed to the CAN-BUS electrical system which included the IPM (Integrated Power Module) which has all your fuses and relays in one box. The dealer doesn't take the time to find out what's wrong when you have a problem, they just change out the whole module. Easy for them, lots of $$ for you.

This older thread sounds like your problem but it looks like you'll have to do a little digging around to find the real cause.

Radiator fan stays on