PT Cruiser Forum

Advertisements
Pt cruiser tips

Like Tree13Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 30 Jan 2014, 08:33 pm
Fresh Cruiser

Default Pt cruiser tips

Hi all I'm new to pt cruisers and also this forum. Ok so anyway I am a dad and drove a van for a while (I hated it) bc I love style and performance and the new van I had lacked both. Now I never thought of a pt cruiser before but I was looking at cars to buy and seen one and I instantly fell in love with it. It's electric blue 05 gt 2.4l ho turbo convertable. It had been lightly hit in the front and only has 50k miles. Basically a brand new car. Anyhow I bought the car and it was so clean and had no problems at all. I also bought a parts pt cruiser for the front end bc I wanted to put the oem body panels back on it. Anyway I got both of them home yesterday and have since stripped the front end off the blue pt cruiser and inspected motor and so far only prob I've seen is broke starter and power steering fluid box. Anyway I'm getting it fixed but I would like a lil more power nothing crazy where it would risk messing up the transaxle or anything else. But I'd like a lil more punch in other words not an everyday average pt cruiser. It's a bone stock 2.4l turbo with 50k on it. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated thanks.
Old 30 Jan 2014, 08:37 pm
Fanatic Cruiser

Default Re: Pt cruiser tips

You're asking for a book's worth of information in one post. Search the forum and you'll find everything you need to know The best way is to search on google, then refine the results to ptcruiserlinks.

Welcome to the forum.
Old 30 Jan 2014, 09:04 pm
Fresh Cruiser

Technically I may have went to far in depth lol I was just wanting a few relatively cheap mods that will add a few horsepower. Just kind of a question of what to do first I'm a huge car guy and have built chevelles and imp alas from ground up but I'm new to the cruisers lol
Old 30 Jan 2014, 09:13 pm
Cool Cruiser

---cheap mod you say? You've come to the right place!
Turbo-font-b-Mini-b-font-250W-Electric-font-b-TURBOCHARGER-b-font-SUPERCHARGER-KIT-Car.jpg
P.S. Welcome to the Forum!
1974 Jeep DJ-5C (4.2/automatic/LH drive)
1973 Chevrolet Nova Sedan 350 (automatic)
Old 30 Jan 2014, 09:36 pm
Fresh Cruiser

Ok lol maybe I need to define cheap I have a budget at the moment for aftermarket performance upgrades for motor or suspension for 5000 I would like to stay under my 5k budget. It'll be a daily driver. I mean first thought for me is borla exhaust, k and n intake, and a chip. Any other ideas out there.
Old 30 Jan 2014, 11:13 pm
Veteran Cruiser

Send a message via Yahoo to WolfmanG

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaredcruiser185 View Post
Ok lol maybe I need to define cheap I have a budget at the moment for aftermarket performance upgrades for motor or suspension for 5000 I would like to stay under my 5k budget. It'll be a daily driver. I mean first thought for me is borla exhaust, k and n intake, and a chip. Any other ideas out there.
one thing i can suggest is do a search on turbo models or take your time and look through all of the turbo performance threads. forget about chips, it's a bunch of snake oil. i'm gonna get rid of my k&n drop in filter soon, if you want i can sell it to you. the drop in is still oiled. as for the exhaust, make sure you get a free flow system and a downpipe.
Old 31 Jan 2014, 09:21 am
Obsessed Cruiser

For that kind of budget you can get some serious mods. Talk to NitroPT. He and thumper performance can guide you to what you are looking for. From custom head and cams to pcm upgrades and tune. You may only need to spend a few hundred on pcm and tuning equipment to get what you are needing. So give him a shout PM and give him your number and talk it out with him, Save yourself a ton on not buying parts that really don't do much.

03 Dream stock___________________________ 04 Touring turbo lite stock_________ 02 Touring stock_____________________ The "Three Amigos"
__________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ ___________Performance, Body and Service, OEM

This Is my project page.
http://www.ptcruiserlinks.com/forum/...oject-1-a.html

This is a great read from one of our own! Badglas
badglas.blogspot.com
Old 31 Jan 2014, 09:24 am
Obsessed Cruiser

Join PTCrew.com and look up "the Mod Bible".
Let other's experiences guide you..

'05 Limited Turbo Lite, (Silver, of course)4-wheel ABS, Sunroof, Spoiler. Mods: E&G Classic grill, K&N FIPK, BTG duals, rear lowered 1.5", LED washer lights, $20 catch can, Aoogah horn, Weatherflectors, Sunroof Deflector, Fuzzy Dice, rear logo flames, rear pinstripe graphic, Gen3 Taillights, rear sway bar, hood struts, Strut bar.
Traded in '02 Silver Touring Edition w/87,000 miles
Old 31 Jan 2014, 10:18 am
Obsessed Cruiser

Word of caution on the mod bible. It is a closed thread and there has been many innovations and some myths dispelled sense, that at the time was considered cutting edge. So not all in there is fact. Though believed to be at at the time to be. So just research newer information to verify any thing you read to see if it's has had an updated improvement to get the best and current info for your buck. Things always change so research.

03 Dream stock___________________________ 04 Touring turbo lite stock_________ 02 Touring stock_____________________ The "Three Amigos"
__________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ ___________Performance, Body and Service, OEM

This Is my project page.
http://www.ptcruiserlinks.com/forum/...oject-1-a.html

This is a great read from one of our own! Badglas
badglas.blogspot.com
Old 31 Jan 2014, 10:30 am
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaredcruiser185 View Post

How mechanically inclined are you and/or do you have a trustworthy, capable shop in mind to do your work?

Jerry