PT Cruiser Forum

Advertisements
Need a little advice

Like Tree2Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02 Feb 2014, 11:44 pm
Fresh Cruiser

Default Need a little advice

Hi I am a little new to the pt cruiser scene and am a new excited owner of a very lo 05 vert gt turbo ho. I'm rebuilding the car which had a run in with a deer. But anyway I'm also adding my style to the car and am looking for a few mods. What I'm looking to do is keep the engine stock but add chrome dress up and a blue valve cover. I found the valve cover on summit racing but I haven't found to many nice chrome engine mods. Except I did find a site called Cruiser Motor Sports and American Car Craft - Stainless Steel Custom Car Accessories with some nice pieces. My question is are they legit anyone have experience with these sites and if not are there any other sites you can point me to. I just want to dress the motor up these are not race cars lol there cruisers so I'm gonna make the motor look sweet then put smoothie rims on her with whitewalls and then idk what lol just need some advice from more experience cruisers on where to get the goods. Thanks for any and all replies
1953 Ford coupe-
2007 Dodge megacab 2500 cummins-
Old 02 Feb 2014, 11:54 pm
Obsessed Cruiser

Default Re: Need a little advice

RaceAndStreet is a long-time pal of the PT universe.

'05 Limited Turbo Lite, (Silver, of course)4-wheel ABS, Sunroof, Spoiler. Mods: E&G Classic grill, K&N FIPK, BTG duals, rear lowered 1.5", LED washer lights, $20 catch can, Aoogah horn, Weatherflectors, Sunroof Deflector, Fuzzy Dice, rear logo flames, rear pinstripe graphic, Gen3 Taillights, rear sway bar, hood struts, Strut bar.
Traded in '02 Silver Touring Edition w/87,000 miles
Old 03 Feb 2014, 12:14 am
Obsessed Cruiser

CMS Cruiser Motor Sport is on of the three remaining original PTCruiser aftermarket parts companies. He has more available parts connection then most other suppliers. If you do not see something on his site call and ask him. He will usually sell a none stocking part at or below msrp unlike other vendors that mark up special orders.

The owners name is Mitch. He also has a great personalty and huge knowledge of information about modding a PT in the looks departement and loves to talk about PT's tirelessly!
Busted_PT likes this.

Dalai Lama
"Share you knowledge. It's the best way to achieve immortality."
ASE MASTER TECHNICIAN
Old 03 Feb 2014, 12:50 am
Fanatic Cruiser

Maybe you should google some pics, You really don't see much of our valve covers. You can send money on better mods IMO. you can always buy one from a junk yard and paint it or get it power coated.

FEBRUARY CRUISER OF THE MONTH
Old 03 Feb 2014, 01:38 am
Banned

I've dealt with Mitch too, he is a great guy!

Quote:
Originally Posted by NitroPT View Post
CMS Cruiser Motor Sport is on of the three remaining original PTCruiser aftermarket parts companies. He has more available parts connection then most other suppliers. If you do not see something on his site call and ask him. He will usually sell a none stocking part at or below msrp unlike other vendors that mark up special orders.

The owners name is Mitch. He also has a great personalty and huge knowledge of information about modding a PT in the looks departement and loves to talk about PT's tirelessly!
Old 03 Feb 2014, 08:30 am
Fresh Cruiser

Thank you all for some of the feedback with so many scams and everything it's hard to tell which website is real and which website will Take money and run lol. I am a little wary about putting my debit card info just anywhere. Anyway I know you cand see much of the valve cover to. I just want a very clean professional looking motor. There really is no where to powder coat stuff around my area and I've seen high heat motor spray paint but will it chip or flake after a while. Or even have a high gloss look. Again thank you all for all of the info I'm glad we have this forum for cruiser owners otherwise I'd just have to take a chance on the websites and have to worry about if I'll ever see the product lol.
1953 Ford coupe-
Old 03 Feb 2014, 08:42 am
Obsessed Cruiser

I can vouch for ACC (American Car Craft) as they are just down the road from me and I've bought a lot of the polished stainless steel products from them.

- All decisions by the Moderator are semi-permanent, can and may be changed at his discretion but definitely will be the final word. Any action performed by the Administrator or Moderators are not to be discussed on the forum.
Old 03 Feb 2014, 09:09 am
Obsessed Cruiser

Painting the valve cover is very doable. Lots of colors like colored chrome look. High gloss clears. Will hold up really well. Heat isn't that bad on the valve cover. Get a spare and you can change themes once in a while. Some have done spray chrome for plastic. JMTC

03 Dream stock___________________________ 04 Touring turbo lite stock_________ 02 Touring stock_____________________ The "Three Amigos"
__________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ ___________Performance, Body and Service, OEM

This Is my project page.
http://www.ptcruiserlinks.com/forum/...oject-1-a.html

This is a great read from one of our own! Badglas
badglas.blogspot.com
Old 03 Feb 2014, 09:55 am
Fresh Cruiser

Thanks I'll do that it'll saver 170$ and I can spend that elsewhere I'll also airbrush a little design on it even though it won't be seen to much it's all in the little details for me
Busted_PT likes this.
1953 Ford coupe-
Old 03 Feb 2014, 10:53 am
Obsessed Cruiser

If you are looking for a durable rattle can paint for the valve cover there are a couple of great Brake caliper Paints in blue that will work and if you do the proper prepping not chip as easy as the regular rattle canb paints.t

Dalai Lama
"Share you knowledge. It's the best way to achieve immortality."
ASE MASTER TECHNICIAN