Go Back   PT Cruiser Forum > General Forums > General PT Cruiser Discussions

PT Cruiser Forum

Advertisements
Mouse problems

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03 Feb 2014, 03:23 pm
Fresh Cruiser

Default Mouse problems

I think I finally solved most of my mouse problems on my 2001 Limited. I made up a brass perforated cover that fits tightly over the air intake under the right side of the hood. Prior to putting on the cover I had mice getting into the heater intake, one day I even had one drop into the cage fan while I was driving. The fan was running at mid. speed and started vibrating and shaking the whole dash. I leave the car parked in the garage a few days at a time and it has low mileage (52000), looks like the mouse cover works as no problems of late. This is just a tip and the intake can be accessed by removing the RH plastic air intake grille and moving the washer tank out of the way.
Old 03 Feb 2014, 03:39 pm
Obsessed Cruiser

Default Re: Mouse problems

Glad you got that settled. we had one get into my wife's Focus. It took chunks out of the fire blanket on the firewall and built a nest over the valve cover where the spark plugs are. it ate all the black plastic wrappings on all four injectors by the time I found it. Car still ran good. I cleaned it all out, re-wrapped all the wires and sprayed everything with a silicone spray that I use for shows. That seemed to stop it and now we've sold the car and bought a 14 Chevy Cruze and there's nothing under there that the little beast might make a nest with. I still sprayed everything, just in case.
Old 03 Feb 2014, 03:39 pm
Obsessed Cruiser

Default Re: Mouse problems

That sounds like a great idea to help keep our furry little friends out of the blower. You ought to post some photos of your mod. Others may need to do this.

I assume your 2001 had no cabin filter. Mine didn't either. Here's how I added a cabin filter to my 2001:

http://www.ptcruiserlinks.com/forum/...ing#post507757

Last edited by Handy_Cruiser; 03 Feb 2014 at 03:42 pm.