Go Back   PT Cruiser Forum > General Forums > General PT Cruiser Discussions

PT Cruiser Forum

Advertisements
Passenger AirBag turning off

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04 Feb 2014, 01:17 pm
Fresh Cruiser

Default Passenger AirBag turning off

I bought a 2007 Yellow Pastel Cruiser in August. One of my surrent issues is that the Airbag light comes on after the car is on for about 8-10 minutes and simultaneously the "passenger air bag off" light comes on also. Is this a problem or is the car responding to the lack of weight in the passenger seat and turning off the air bag?
Back in the day, I had tiny girlfriend (broke up 4 years ago) in my Hyundai and the passenger airbag would not turn on because she was so small, is this a similar problem with my LemonDrop's empty passenger seat?
Old 04 Feb 2014, 01:45 pm
Senior Cruiser

Default Re: Passenger AirBag turning off

That is not normal. If you bought it from a dealer, I suggest when you have some free time, you swing by their service desk unannounced and ask them to correct the problem. They may be inclined to do it, even if you don't have any type of warranty agreement with them, just to be 100% sure they don't have any liability risk.

Do you know of or can you tell if the Cruiser has ever been in an accident? Hopefully not and whatever the problem is will be simple to correct.

Tags
airbag, passenger side