Go Back   PT Cruiser Forum > General Forums > General PT Cruiser Discussions

PT Cruiser Forum

Advertisements
What should I do?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04 Feb 2014, 06:22 pm
Young Cruiser

Default What should I do?

Well, I now have a choice, I have found an identical PT Cruiser Limited as mine except its a 2003, With around 240000 KM, It has no rust except for where the drivers door is on the bottom of the rocker. Newish (within the past 5 years) suspension parts and regular maintenance according to the seller, Comes with aftermarket radio wired for sub/amp. he is only selling becuase they bought a van as his family is growing. Mine as you guys know has its issues but I allready own it, and it doesn't owe me nothing as of yet. and mine has 1920000 KM. He is hoping for around 1000.00 for it, As is. Any suggestions? He says all the miles are highway
Old 04 Feb 2014, 07:07 pm
Young Cruiser

Default Re: What should I do?

Basicly what I'm asking is should i fix the I got or try this other one. Also what should I counter offer
He says he's open to offers and that cash talks
Old 04 Feb 2014, 07:37 pm
Cool Cruiser

Quote:
It has no rust except for where the drivers door is on the bottom of the rocker.
I didn't think my rocker rust was too bad until I laid on the ground underneath and investigated closer and poked at the rockers front and back, both sides. Boy were they "angry". Check my photos. I was lucky and was able to get repaired/replaced for around $700.
Quote:
Newish (within the past 5 years) suspension parts and regular maintenance according to the seller
Can seller produce receipts? His regular maintenance maybe different from your idea of regular maintenance. Just saying... doesn't hurt to check into it.
Old 05 Feb 2014, 02:30 am
Veteran Cruiser

Wink Re: What should I do?

Quote:
Originally Posted by shelbygt660 View Post
He is hoping for around 1000.00 for it, As is. Any suggestions?
There's at least $1,000 worth of parts(Make 1 good PT,out of the 2?)......Offer $600 and see what he counters,maybe meet in the middle @ $800;Keep the best of parts from both,and sell the rest.
Old 05 Feb 2014, 11:06 am
Dedicated Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by shelbygt660 View Post
Well, I now have a choice, I have found an identical PT Cruiser Limited as mine except its a 2003, With around 240000 KM, It has no rust except for where the drivers door is on the bottom of the rocker. Newish (within the past 5 years) suspension parts and regular maintenance according to the seller, Comes with aftermarket radio wired for sub/amp. he is only selling becuase they bought a van as his family is growing. Mine as you guys know has its issues but I allready own it, and it doesn't owe me nothing as of yet. and mine has 1920000 KM. He is hoping for around 1000.00 for it, As is. Any suggestions? He says all the miles are highway
1920000 km? lots of kilometers there! Perhaps you meant 192000 km?

Harry

2005 Touring n/a - Cool Vanilla with J&J vertical billet grille, PTeazer tail lights, Chrome wheels and Baby Moons.