Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By wwpptc

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05 Feb 2014, 12:08 pm
Fresh Cruiser

Send a message via Skype™ to MFP
Smile Which PT Cruiser Model do I have?

Hello all ..I am back.....!

Very recently my beautiful vehicle was struck from behind in a parking lot. I was not in it TG. Subsequently SGI have declared my PT Cruiser a Constructive Total Loss.

I am trying to settle with them but the Adjuster is confused as my vehicle does not seem to fit a particular model. The Cruiser is a 2005 with a 2.4 L Turbo engine. The badge Turbo is affixed to the lower right hand corner of the tailgate.

There is no spoiler or sunroof or garage opener or partial leather seats. The original Dealership has the service history of the vehicle.

Can anyone help me please?

Thank you.
MFP
Old 05 Feb 2014, 12:30 pm
Obsessed Cruiser

Default Re: Which PT Cruiser Model do I have?

The VIN number may tell the story. If you can post that, we may be able to narrow it down.

Here are some threads as a primer on turbo models:

What is a turbo-lite?

TURBO LITE VS GT TURBO

And on the lower left hand (driver's) side of the rear hatch, it should either say GT or Limited Edition.

Also you can let your wheels be your guide but either could have or might not have a chrome grill.

Last edited by Handy_Cruiser; 05 Feb 2014 at 01:00 pm.
Old 05 Feb 2014, 12:36 pm
Obsessed Cruiser

And here's a breakdown of 2005 models:

Quote:
2005 Sedan - Models were Base, Touring, Limited G and K Packages, and GT. Exterior colors deleted were Bright Seamist Green, Light Almond Pearl Metallic, and Graphite Metallic. An added color was Linen Gold Pearl Coat. The other 2004 colors were carried over. In addition, two-tone combinations of Black over Bright Silver, Electric Blue, Inferno Red or Linen Gold were offered for the Touring, Limited and GT sedans. Other changes were minimal, consisting mostly of minor changes to the options packages. Changes were made to the Touring Edition's standard and optional equipment packages, and the addition of a second Limited Edition "G" CPOS (Customer Preferred Ordering System) package that enhanced the existing Touring "F" CPOS package. As an example for the Touring model, the touring suspension was changed to normal duty, cruise control, sunscreen glass, light group, and a new Moon Roof Group became optional. Fog lamps, security alarm, and the moon roof by itself (not part of a package), were not available. These equipment changes seemed to be intended to lower car prices, being in line with the across-the-board lowering of the base prices for all models by removing what had been standard equipment. For example, the base price of the GT was about $4,000 less than the 2004 model. The tailgate latch was changed to non-moving a one-piece design. Cars with remote keyless entry now had a pressure switch on the underside of the Chrysler badge on the lift-gate to release the latch. Cars without RKE used a key to open the lift-gate. Touring and Limited models could have ABS ($595). The Limited with the 180hp turbo engine ($2,000) could have four-wheel disc brakes with ABS and traction control ($825). MSRP's were Base ($13,405), Touring ($15,405), Limited ($17,315, and GT ($22,905). The Auto-Stick on the GT added ($440). The powered moon-roof on the Limited added ($750) and on the Touring added ($1,100). Heated front seats on the Limited and GT added ($250). Side impact airbags for Base and Touring added ($390). The GPS navigation radio for the Limited and GT added ($1,100). The "woody" option was available on the Limited for ($895). The rear spoiler for Touring and Limited was ($150).

Last edited by Handy_Cruiser; 05 Feb 2014 at 12:40 pm.
Old 05 Feb 2014, 02:56 pm
Obsessed Cruiser

You have a Limited Edition.
There were 2 levels of Limited Edition in 2005, you have the lower one, as the upper one had leather.
I know yours is a Limited, because for 2005, you had to have the Limited to get the Turbo.
(for 2004, you could get the turbo in the Touring Edition, not in '05...)
I can also guarantee you have an automatic, because the Limited Edition turbo only came with an automatic.

'05 Limited Turbo Lite, (Silver, of course)4-wheel ABS, Sunroof, Spoiler. Mods: E&G Classic grill, K&N FIPK, BTG duals, rear lowered 1.5", LED washer lights, $20 catch can, Aoogah horn, Weatherflectors, Sunroof Deflector, Fuzzy Dice, rear logo flames, rear pinstripe graphic, Gen3 Taillights, rear sway bar, hood struts, Strut bar.
Traded in '02 Silver Touring Edition w/87,000 miles
Old 05 Feb 2014, 03:25 pm
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by MFP View Post
Hello all ..I am back.....!

Very recently my beautiful vehicle was struck from behind in a parking lot. I was not in it TG. Subsequently SGI have declared my PT Cruiser a Constructive Total Loss.

I am trying to settle with them but the Adjuster is confused as my vehicle does not seem to fit a particular model. The Cruiser is a 2005 with a 2.4 L Turbo engine. The badge Turbo is affixed to the lower right hand corner of the tailgate.

There is no spoiler or sunroof or garage opener or partial leather seats. The original Dealership has the service history of the vehicle.

Can anyone help me please?

Thank you.
MFP
The FIRST thing ANY adjuster would to do to write up your incident would be to get your vin number to identify your vehicle for the report. Then in just a couple quick steps on his computer, he will see a complete description/history of your vehicle, ALL of it. That leads me to wonder why this thread exists at all. Did you want to see us stumble through 15 or 20 posts to try to explain how to tell what PT you have, when the vin would have told the adjuster that almost instantly.

Makes me wonder if you actually even-------I'll be nice and not go there.

Jerry
randyincctx likes this.
Old 05 Feb 2014, 06:20 pm
Fresh Cruiser

Send a message via Skype™ to MFP

Thank you for your help to me.
Jerry, I asked for help not your rudeness. The VIN as I understand it did not
provide the Adjuster with sufficient information, out of interest neither did
the original dealership.

To those Members that responded to my Thread...thank you.
To Jerry ...sit down and think how you responded to me, you may need to rethink and readjust how you interact with people.

MFP
Old 05 Feb 2014, 06:51 pm
Obsessed Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by MFP View Post
Thank you for your help to me.
Jerry, I asked for help not your rudeness. The VIN as I understand it did not
provide the Adjuster with sufficient information, out of interest neither did
the original dealership.

To those Members that responded to my Thread...thank you.
To Jerry ...sit down and think how you responded to me, you may need to rethink and readjust how you interact with people.

MFP
The Chrysler VIN is very specific. There are even threads on this forum on how to read them. It is highly unlikely that your insurance adjuster and his company doesn't use them. It is much more likely the adjuster is playing ignorant in order to pay you less. And for the dealer, they should be able to pull up everything on your car using the VIN.

Also, please don't scold the regular members if you want help here. Jerry was simply being incredulous since what you said about insurance and your VIN cannot likely be true. Between you, your insurance adjuster and the dealership, somebody is definitely lying. Instead of picking a fight, you should just explain yourself better and post your VIN as asked. Jerry is exactly the kind of expert that could have helped you with your problem.

Last edited by Handy_Cruiser; 05 Feb 2014 at 06:54 pm.