PT Cruiser Forum

Advertisements
why so much PT haters?

Like Tree105Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 16 Feb 2014, 10:41 pm
Young Cruiser

Default why so much PT haters?

At work, family,friends no matter where I go I catch alot of hate for the pt. Although when asked none have driven or rode in a pt. But does anyone else catch some hate for their pt?

p.s really makes me love the pt even more and wanna do so much more to it.
wesmus66 likes this.
Old 16 Feb 2014, 10:55 pm
Cool Cruiser

Default Re: why so much PT haters?

Never really received hate for it. I did have an auto parts person one time mention that most mechanics don't like to work on them. Though, I failed to ask him how many mechanics he had surveyed.
Old 16 Feb 2014, 10:59 pm
Dedicated Cruiser

I get just the opposite reaction. People who comment are positive. I guess the haters around here follow the philosophy that if you can't say anything good, keep your mouth shut.

Harry

2005 Touring n/a - Cool Vanilla with J&J vertical billet grille, PTeazer tail lights, Chrome wheels and Baby Moons.
Old 16 Feb 2014, 11:58 pm
Young Cruiser

Send a message via AIM to midnite72 Send a message via MSN to midnite72 Send a message via Yahoo to midnite72 Send a message via Skype™ to midnite72

Only on a daily basis...

Well, wee have to understand our faults.
All cars have em, but it's easier to pick at other's than your own ♥
Old 17 Feb 2014, 12:17 am
Obsessed Cruiser

people alwasy balk at the NOT NORMAL
you either like a Pt or not I stll and will alwasy say
when you walk you to your PT in a parking lot and see your PT sitting there you will get a Big smile on your face---not to many prius owners will say that
Old 17 Feb 2014, 12:25 am
Cool Cruiser

was getting the same comments from work & friends like ugly, gas guzzler, etc..........but for my expi...."it takes one to drive a PT to love it actually".....like an acquired taste......
Old 17 Feb 2014, 12:33 am
Obsessed Cruiser

I concur on the big smile mentioned above. The PT definitely has something that makes it stand out from other cars.

But I think the reason some folks hate the PT goes deeper. It is often a hatred of all things Chrysler. Chrylser seemed to have been on the cutting edge of design and engineering since the mid 1990's. But they have also had some monumental failures. And most of there vehicles, even today, have major design flaws including the PT.

For me, I love the style and engineering of many Chrysler vehicles. The new Chrysler 300 is one gorgeous car and ours gets compliments all the time. To me, this usually out weighs the ubiquitous design flaws. So I tend toward Chrysler vehicles.

Last edited by Handy_Cruiser; 17 Feb 2014 at 12:36 am.
Old 17 Feb 2014, 06:41 am
Young Cruiser

I love the pt cruisers styling it isnt like any other car out, but to tell others why u like the pt just draws the yuck dude they ugly. but most drive junk cars such as cavalier,impalas, focus, and the taurus old ones. And in my opinion the pt is leaps and bounds better then any of those cars in every department.

I always get a huge smile when looking at my PT .

And even after driving our new dart ,I still prefer my pt over the dart and just let my girl drive it and treat it as her own lol. Just isnt up to par with pt to me.
Old 17 Feb 2014, 06:52 am
Senior Cruiser

Handy; got to disagree with you as to the mid 1990's. First hemi, first turbine powered tank [M1], first alternator [Valiant], first electronic ignition [no points] as standard equipment, first car with 1 hp per cu.in. [Desoto], and many others [including building the Saturn rocket engines!].

Maverick: Jealousy --------- or, they ran out of viagrow pills.
Old 17 Feb 2014, 08:25 am
Obsessed Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by pt06 View Post
Handy; got to disagree with you as to the mid 1990's. First hemi, first turbine powered tank [M1], first alternator [Valiant], first electronic ignition [no points] as standard equipment, first car with 1 hp per cu.in. [Desoto], and many others [including building the Saturn rocket engines!].

Maverick: Jealousy --------- or, they ran out of viagrow pills.
I was just referring to recent history. Before the long and inspired days of the 1970's and 80's, Chrysler made some great cars. But for those such as myself that grew in that period, we had to be convinced that Chrysler was again capable of building anything other than poorly built minivans and K-cars with a weak transmissions. It was the 1995 Dodge Ram pickup that convinced me. Except for a weak transmission that was updated in 1997, that was a super great truck.

PS: The V8 Ford Maverick was a great chassis to work with. It was light with a very beefy suspension and the stock rear end (in the V8 model) was pretty good too. I remember many Mavericks built for both street and the drag strip back in the day.

Last edited by Handy_Cruiser; 17 Feb 2014 at 08:30 am.