Go Back   PT Cruiser Forum > General Forums > General PT Cruiser Discussions

PT Cruiser Forum

Advertisements
Loose connector - Green with Orange Stripe

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 13 Mar 2014, 01:33 pm
Fresh Cruiser

Default Loose connector - Green with Orange Stripe

My Cruiser won't start. It almost does. Cranks good and tries to fire but never gets going. Been going through many steps on this forum but still haven't found the problem. Lots of gas when I disconnect the fuel line so I'm figuring something in the coil/PCM.

Anyway, I found a loose connector. It is a single wire, green with orange stripe (like hundreds of them) and it is in the same bundle as the wires going to the camshaft position sensor. About 3 or 4 inches before the camshaft sensor connector kind of under and to the right (looking from the front) of the throttle body. Appears to be going to C3 on PCM.

Any ideas where it should go?

Here's a picture of it. Oh yeah. 2003 2.0L

Last edited by PitholeHermit; 13 Mar 2014 at 01:47 pm. Reason: Added picture
Old 13 Mar 2014, 02:09 pm
Obsessed Cruiser

Default Re: Loose connector - Green with Orange Stripe

PitholeHermit, this is your first post. Are you in the U.S. ?? We don't have the 2.0 Ltr engine here, only the 2.4 so this wire might not be the same as yours if you outside the U.S.

Welcome to the forum.

Can you see the white connector in my picture? That's the clip at the end of the green and white wire. It goes down to a male plug right beside the engine. It's directly across from the PDC (Power Distribution Center) box.

- All decisions by the Moderator are semi-permanent, can and may be changed at his discretion but definitely will be the final word. Any action performed by the Administrator or Moderators are not to be discussed on the forum.

Last edited by CREWZIN; 13 Mar 2014 at 02:15 pm.
Old 13 Mar 2014, 02:17 pm
Fresh Cruiser

Perfect. I found it. Although your engine is a lot prettier than mine. Any idea what the wire does?
Old 13 Mar 2014, 02:27 pm
Obsessed Cruiser

Sorry, although I do have the wiring diagrams for the 01-05 cruisers, there's 38 different diagrams and unless I had some idea of which circuit (A/C, anti-lock, brakes, lighting etc.) it would take me too long to find that exact wire.

If nothing was wrong, except it won't start, it might be just a ground wire.

You didn't answer my question about where you are with a 2.0 Ltr engine?

- All decisions by the Moderator are semi-permanent, can and may be changed at his discretion but definitely will be the final word. Any action performed by the Administrator or Moderators are not to be discussed on the forum.
Old 13 Mar 2014, 02:30 pm
Obsessed Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by PitholeHermit View Post
Although your engine is a lot prettier than mine.
It takes a lot of time....

Old 13 Mar 2014, 02:40 pm
Fresh Cruiser

Sorry. I meant 2.4L. I'm in Pa. I was thinking of my daughters Neon which I am also working on.

The car still doesn't start (although it runs as long as I keep the starter cranking) but I'm glad to have that loose wire solved. I'll keep browsing the forum for more answers.
I have been using the info here a lot and probably 90% of my answers came from you. Good to have someone with passion sharing his knowledge.

Thanks.
Old 13 Mar 2014, 02:47 pm
Obsessed Cruiser

I take it you don't have the engine/fault light on? If you do, you can pull the fault code to see what the computer sees wrong.

Old 13 Mar 2014, 02:53 pm
Fresh Cruiser

No light.
It has done this before the past few months but then usually starts after a couple of hours (after I recharge the battery that I run down trying).
But this time it has been a couple of days and it still doesn't go. Like I said if I keep it cranking it is like it is idling. If I give it gas it fires hard every few cranks but doesn't start. We had sub-zero temps again last night so I haven't had the chance to check the spark and the coil inputs yet. That my next steps.
Old 13 Mar 2014, 03:07 pm
Obsessed Cruiser

This sub-zero temperature, car not starting is pretty common on this forum right now. Here are a couple of them.

►No start when outside temp is below zero

2005 won't start I'm stumped !

04 pt won't start

06 Cruiser ran yesterday won't start today

Old 13 Mar 2014, 03:11 pm
Fresh Cruiser

I thought before it had to do with the cold weather, but my problem this time started a couple days ago when it was a balmy 50 degrees.