PT Cruiser Forum

Advertisements
removing satelite reciever

Like Tree2Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 16 Mar 2014, 12:29 pm
Dedicated Cruiser

Default removing satelite reciever

As I've never used the satelite radio feature or ever will, I'd like to remove the satilite radio reciever on the rear of the roof. I can do the cosmetic hole repair once it's removed. I just want to know what is envolved in removing it and will removing this interfer with my on board built in PT Cruiser navation system? And, would removing this reciever interfer witlh normal AM FM function on my radio? thanks, ptprice
Attached Images
File Type: jpg satalight radio reciever 003.jpg (82.4 KB, 23 views)
Old 16 Mar 2014, 12:57 pm
Obsessed Cruiser

Default Re: removing satelite reciever

I would say there is no dependence because I have an '05 also, without Satellite radio, and I have AM/FM and the compass by the sunroof works.
I would think you want to remove headliner to see how to remove the "shark fin".

'05 Limited Turbo Lite, (Silver, of course)4-wheel ABS, Sunroof, Spoiler. Mods: E&G Classic grill, K&N FIPK, BTG duals, rear lowered 1.5", LED washer lights, $20 catch can, Aoogah horn, Weatherflectors, Sunroof Deflector, Fuzzy Dice, rear logo flames, rear pinstripe graphic, Gen3 Taillights, rear sway bar, hood struts, Strut bar.
Traded in '02 Silver Touring Edition w/87,000 miles
Old 16 Mar 2014, 01:03 pm
Banned

Are you trying to go off the grid?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ptprice View Post
As I've never used the satelite radio feature or ever will, I'd like to remove the satilite radio reciever on the rear of the roof. I can do the cosmetic hole repair once it's removed. I just want to know what is envolved in removing it and will removing this interfer with my on board built in PT Cruiser navation system? And, would removing this reciever interfer witlh normal AM FM function on my radio? thanks, ptprice
Old 16 Mar 2014, 03:21 pm
Obsessed Cruiser

Here is the hole in the top. It's about 1 inch square. You pull the two rear grab handles and the two push in plugs in the rear of the head liner, to get at the wire.

You may just want to color it to the car. I primed with adhesion promoter and high fill primer and painted to match.

03 Dream stock___________________________ 04 Touring turbo lite stock_________ 02 Touring stock_____________________ The "Three Amigos"
__________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ ___________Performance, Body and Service, OEM

This Is my project page.
http://www.ptcruiserlinks.com/forum/...oject-1-a.html

This is a great read from one of our own! Badglas
badglas.blogspot.com
Old 16 Mar 2014, 03:27 pm
Dedicated Cruiser

My radio does have the Chrysler navigator system built into it. It's based on the CD that came with the car in 2005. You put the CD in the player slot in the radio and thru a series of steps the onboard navigator function comes up. My concern is that this navigation part of the radio might become nonfunctional w/o the "shark's fin". The navigation feature supplied by Chrysler with the CD is based on roads existing in 2005. My apartment complex wasn't constructed in 2005 so every trip I make using this on board navigator shows on the radio screen as begining in a Florida swamp till I get out to Sterthaus Drive! It's still good for major roads and destinations though. The world hasn't changed that much. My PT, "So Big", also has the temp,compass overhead consule that I'm sure are independent of the "sharks fin. Thanks for your feed back, ptprice
Old 16 Mar 2014, 03:34 pm
Obsessed Cruiser

Quote:
My radio does have the Chrysler navigator system built into it. It's based on the CD that came with the car in 2005. You put the CD in the player slot in the radio and thru a series of steps the onboard navigator function comes up. My concern is that this navigation part of the radio might become nonfunctional w/o the "shark's fin". The navigation feature supplied by Chrysler with the CD is based on roads existing in 2005. My apartment complex wasn't constructed in 2005 so every trip I make using this on board navigator shows on the radio screen as begining in a Florida swamp till I get out to Sterthaus Drive! It's still good for major roads and destinations though. The world hasn't changed that much. My PT, "So Big", also has the temp,compass overhead consule that I'm sure are independent of the "sharks fin. Thanks for your feed back, ptprice
I would say yes it does go with the navigation.

03 Dream stock___________________________ 04 Touring turbo lite stock_________ 02 Touring stock_____________________ The "Three Amigos"
__________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ ___________Performance, Body and Service, OEM

This Is my project page.

badglas.blogspot.com
Old 16 Mar 2014, 03:50 pm
Dedicated Cruiser

Thanks Busted. From your info I now I know how to take the fin out. I just have to get info now on if the "sharks fin" services my on board radio CD navigator. Figgering this out will be one of my first projects after the big "C" surgery on my left kidney this week. It'll keep my mind occupied till I can do the work. Thanks, ptprice
Old 16 Mar 2014, 04:05 pm
Obsessed Cruiser

Quote:
Thanks Busted. From your info I now I know how to take the fin out. I just have to get info now on if the "sharks fin" services my on board radio CD navigator. Figgering this out will be one of my first projects after the big "C" surgery on my left kidney this week. It'll keep my mind occupied till I can do the work. Thanks, ptprice
Wish I had more info just to make sure your truly disrated. Will pray for your speedy and full recovery. With your permission that is.

This Is my project page.

badglas.blogspot.com
Old 16 Mar 2014, 04:48 pm
Dedicated Cruiser

Well, I'm gonna look at that $@#^&*() "shark fin" this way, if its necessary, I'll leave it on to keep the onboard navigator working. The premise being function overrides appearance. Thanks for the good info and good thoughts. ptprice
Old 16 Mar 2014, 06:07 pm
Obsessed Cruiser

Quote:
Well, I'm gonna look at that $@#^&*() "shark fin" this way, if its necessary, I'll leave it on to keep the onboard navigator working. The premise being function overrides appearance. Thanks for the good info and good thoughts. ptprice
They really look good body color. Just leave the rubber black. Otherwise It looks like someone was to lazy to mask it off.

This Is my project page.

badglas.blogspot.com