Advertisements
Windshield wiper phantom sweeps

Like Tree2Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 17 Mar 2014, 11:20 am
Fresh Cruiser

Default Windshield wiper phantom sweeps

Hi all,

I have an '06 base cruiser I bought new, and from day one, I get an intermittent wiper sweeps on cold starts. like the wiper delay is on. The only way to stop it id either turn on the head lights or turn on the right directional signal. The actual wiper switch doesn't do anything when this occurs. This happens year round. Sometimes when I'm driving along, when turning the wheel to make a corner, I'll get a single sweep of the wiper blades.

Has anyone on this forum ever experience this? The dealer was absolutely no help.

Thanks!
Old 17 Mar 2014, 11:28 am
Obsessed Cruiser

Default Re: Windshield wiper phantom sweeps

yes my 06 will wipe the windsheild for no reason ever once in awhile it might be 80 out and dry or it might be a ciold morning its usally 2 times and it will quit on its own no idea at all i just learn to live with it
wesmus66 likes this.
Old 17 Mar 2014, 11:28 am
Obsessed Cruiser

You bought the PT new, it's done it since new, you let the dealer get away with not fixing it, and now you're getting around to addressing it?

'05 Limited Turbo Lite, (Silver, of course)4-wheel ABS, Sunroof, Spoiler. Mods: E&G Classic grill, K&N FIPK, BTG duals, rear lowered 1.5", LED washer lights, $20 catch can, Aoogah horn, Weatherflectors, Sunroof Deflector, Fuzzy Dice, rear logo flames, rear pinstripe graphic, Gen3 Taillights, rear sway bar, hood struts, Strut bar.
Traded in '02 Silver Touring Edition w/87,000 miles
Old 17 Mar 2014, 02:06 pm
Fresh Cruiser

Actually no Quicksilverdon! I brought it in religiously to the dealer, while it was under the 3 year 36 month warranty. I'm "getting around" to addressing it now, because I had just found this forum, and thought I'd pose the question I have asked elsewhere, 'many, many times'... So Thanks for your insight!

Last edited by wesmus66; 17 Mar 2014 at 02:10 pm.
Old 17 Mar 2014, 02:08 pm
Fresh Cruiser

I am happy to see that someone else has been experiencing this issue. If I find out ANY positive results to this, I will definately share with you cruserdad!
Old 17 Mar 2014, 02:38 pm
Obsessed Cruiser

i got my 06 used it has 18000 miles on it it now has almost 180000 its just not a big deal to me some times it may go for months some times its every other day its juts my Gardian Angel letting me know he is there
Old 17 Mar 2014, 04:19 pm
Senior Cruiser

It probably involves something in the "body control module". It takes very small amounts of voltage to trigger an event such as this. It might be a switch problem or even stray static electricity.

I think what QSD was wondering about is: WHY didn't the dealer fix (get around to) the problem if you did indeed bring it in for this issue? And: Why did you let the dealer off the hook about the issue?
Old 17 Mar 2014, 08:23 pm
Veteran Cruiser

Lightbulb Re: Windshield wiper phantom sweeps

As random as they are,I would still consider there may be a problem with the MFS and/or the associated connectors/wiring........I would check the MFS connector (located under the upper steering column shroud) for any signs of melting(or overheating).
Old 17 Mar 2014, 08:37 pm
Banned

Mine never does that.

Probably cause I am selective about driving it
Old 18 Mar 2014, 09:20 am
Fresh Cruiser

Thanks! I will give this a whirl!