PT Cruiser Forum

Advertisements
Custom Tailights

Like Tree2Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 24 Mar 2014, 03:47 pm
Fresh Cruiser

Default Custom Tailights

Just signed up today, while looking around, saw a post about custom tailights, which reminded me of a question I had given up on. A few years ago I saw a PT on the highway w/solid red taillights. I came home and searched thru all the vendors I could find, but came up blank. Anyone else ever seen these or, better yet, know where to get them? THANX, Roger
Old 24 Mar 2014, 08:06 pm
Fresh Cruiser

Default Re: Custom Tailights

Welcome to the forum!!!!!! I think I found then, Candy apple red, about 1/3 of the way down the page.
TailLightCovers

Planned upgrades- Heated seats, 18-19" rims, chrome grille, drilled/ slotted rotors, clean up the calipers/ paint the wheel wells, 3" cat back exhaust, new spark plug wires, Speakers all around, Either new head unit or an AUX integration.
Old 24 Mar 2014, 08:21 pm
Fresh Cruiser

THANX, you did indeed find them. For now they will have hang on a wishlist as they are a bit pricey. But at least I now know where to find them.
Old 24 Mar 2014, 08:26 pm
Fresh Cruiser

They'd look good on my Inferno red PT, but like you said they are pricey.

Planned upgrades- Heated seats, 18-19" rims, chrome grille, drilled/ slotted rotors, clean up the calipers/ paint the wheel wells, 3" cat back exhaust, new spark plug wires, Speakers all around, Either new head unit or an AUX integration.
Old 24 Mar 2014, 09:01 pm
Banned

That's amazing, someone on here was just talking about the same thing

Quote:
Originally Posted by BURPLE View Post
Just signed up today, while looking around, saw a post about custom tailights, which reminded me of a question I had given up on. A few years ago I saw a PT on the highway w/solid red taillights. I came home and searched thru all the vendors I could find, but came up blank. Anyone else ever seen these or, better yet, know where to get them? THANX, Roger
Old 24 Mar 2014, 10:00 pm
Veteran Cruiser

Lightbulb Re: Custom Tailights

You can get virtually the same affect,only for a whole lot less money,by wrapping them with 'red smoke' vinyl tint....
Red Smoke Tint Film
Old 25 Mar 2014, 05:41 am
Fresh Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by randyincctx View Post
You can get virtually the same affect,only for a whole lot less money,by wrapping them with 'red smoke' vinyl tint....
Red Smoke Tint Film
I was thinking about that.... but if I were to get pulled over (Cops around here dont like stuff like this) I'd rather it be something I bought.

Old 25 Mar 2014, 06:15 pm
Cool Cruiser

Another option, and is reeeal cheap, is red vinyl tint.

It was the very first mod I had done (you can see, I don't even have my permanent plate yet), being I cannot stand yellow signals on cars (personal peeve).

I went through a place on E-Bay (of course) called Nu Vinyl and purchased red lens tint. If I remember right, it was about 6 or 8 bucks for a couple/three of feet or so.
I made a template of the yellow lens using blue masking tape, peeled it off the taillight carefully, and transferred it to some white paper, then transferred it to the red tint.
PT taillight temp..jpg
I applied it using a hair dryer to help carefully stretch the tint to the curvature of the taillight.
Tail light 1.jpg
Tail ight 2.jpg
I did this over two years ago, and has held up very good, especially through this last very harsh winter.

Before anyone says anything, this picture is over two years old, and yes I did take care of the tape marks
Red tint tails, chrome trimmed grille, custom towel rack buttonless flamed shifter, auto dimming rear view, Homelink remote transmitter, driver seat drawer, MOPAR sub, lowered 1" rear, MOPAR/Borla dual tipped exhaust, chrome trimmed GT gauge/airbag surround, front 35% tint, and the ever so important Fuzzy Dice
Old 26 Mar 2014, 01:12 pm
Veteran Cruiser

Cool Re: Custom Tailights

Quote:
Originally Posted by Motorhead View Post
Another option, and is reeeal cheap, is red vinyl tint.
Gee,I wish I'd thought of suggesting that....(See post #6)
Old 26 Mar 2014, 03:27 pm
Cool Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by randyincctx View Post
Gee,I wish I'd thought of suggesting that....(See post #6)
You said smoke, he did not want smoke as to not wanting to get pulled over.

Sooooo I suggested red tint, NOT smoke, so the tail lights look stock, NOT smoked, and hard to see, and not attracting the po po.
Red tint tails, chrome trimmed grille, custom towel rack buttonless flamed shifter, auto dimming rear view, Homelink remote transmitter, driver seat drawer, MOPAR sub, lowered 1" rear, MOPAR/Borla dual tipped exhaust, chrome trimmed GT gauge/airbag surround, front 35% tint, and the ever so important Fuzzy Dice