Advertisements

Go Back   PT Cruiser Forum > General Forums > General PT Cruiser Discussions

PT Cruiser Forum

Advertisements
Just an alternator ??? realllly ?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 28 Mar 2014, 06:08 pm
Senior Cruiser

Default Just an alternator ??? realllly ?

2005 Chrysler PT Cruiser - Only $1500! AS IS! Needs Alternator! - Oshawa / Durham Region Cars For Sale - Kijiji Oshawa / Durham Region Canada.
for $1500 ?....If by alternator you mean complete rebuild
'03 GT Blue/ autostick.. 160,000KM ( That's 100,000miles for y'all South of the border ) All the options, the heated leather is a must up here in Canada, Love the solid heavy duty feel and obvious Torque.. The Turbo is strong, fast and reliable.. People that don't understand the love of a PT, probably don't deserve to.
Old 28 Mar 2014, 07:06 pm
Veteran Cruiser

Lightbulb Re: Just an alternator ??? realllly ?

It's even in your neighborhood of Whitby,ON.......Might be worth a little cruise,for an easy flip;It's 2005 PT & only 115 Kilometers?
Old 29 Mar 2014, 09:44 am
Senior Cruiser

Default Re: Just an alternator ??? realllly ?

Would be a good plan if I didn't save my flipping for viewing the wife's credit balances
'03 GT Blue/ autostick.. 160,000KM ( That's 100,000miles for y'all South of the border ) All the options, the heated leather is a must up here in Canada, Love the solid heavy duty feel and obvious Torque.. The Turbo is strong, fast and reliable.. People that don't understand the love of a PT, probably don't deserve to.
Old 29 Mar 2014, 10:58 am
Obsessed Cruiser

Like you many assume the worst when trying to sell with a problem. That makes it hard to sell. There afraid of what it will cost to get fixed.

03 Dream stock___________________________ 04 Touring turbo lite stock_________ 02 Touring stock_____________________ The "Three Amigos"
__________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ ___________Performance, Body and Service, OEM

This Is my project page.
http://www.ptcruiserlinks.com/forum/...oject-1-a.html

This is a great read from one of our own! Badglas
badglas.blogspot.com
Old 29 Mar 2014, 03:40 pm
Young Cruiser

Default Re: Just an alternator ??? really ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Busted_PT View Post
Like you many assume the worst when trying to sell with a problem. That makes it hard to sell. They are afraid of what it will cost to get fixed.
The seller can alleviate this situation by having a detailed bona-fide estimate of repairs/restoration.....for a car or a house or whatever...But this does take work and honesty....Without this, I blame not "they" for being afraid..
An "alternator" can run from $200(parts and labor) to over a thousand..Or, an old VW unit with its $0.95 alternator brushes(the part that usually wears down) and DIY skill.
Old 29 Mar 2014, 04:02 pm
Dedicated Cruiser

Default Re: Just an alternator ??? really ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by earthworm View Post
The seller can alleviate this situation by having a detailed bona-fide estimate of repairs/restoration.....for a car or a house or whatever...But this does take work and honesty....Without this, I blame not "they" for being afraid..
An "alternator" can run from $200(parts and labor) to over a thousand..Or, an old VW unit with its $0.95 alternator brushes(the part that usually wears down) and DIY skill.
Wow - I haven't thought about replacing brushes for a long time. I had a 1957 Ford that required new brushes about once a month. This was in the sixties when I was in the USMC, and I didn't have enough spare money to replace the whole generator, but sure did get good at putting new brushes in!

Harry

2005 Touring n/a - Cool Vanilla with J&J vertical billet grille, PTeazer tail lights, Chrome wheels and Baby Moons.
Old 29 Mar 2014, 05:31 pm
Young Cruiser

How ironic, My alternator just let go last night, Took it apart and one of the brushes cracked, Thus working semi when idling but dying when driving, And I am thinking of ditching the pt, But something inside is preventing me, Must be cuz its my first car