Advertisements
Bad day turn worse

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Busted_PT

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 29 Mar 2014, 05:38 pm
Young Cruiser

Default Bad day turn worse

Well, Went out for supper for my fathers birthday yesterday, Go in and the people there say "Theres steam coming from your car and its gushing fluid" Look outside and its antifreeze pouring out, I had just changed/flushed the system a month back, So there goes that, Find out the lower rad hose blew off, I put it back on and clamp her down and limp it to the gas station, 60.00 in coolant there. Then on the way home the battery light comes on, Oh great. Check the voltage on the batt and its discharging, In my anger (Had other issues that day as well such as my job being put on the line) I take off and take out my anger on the car, Fortonaly i did no damage (Kinda amazing considering I was peeling out everywhere on the back roads and being a total fool to myself) Anyways, I tear it apart today and find one of the brushes inside let go, Ontop of that the CV Axle feels wonky so that will need to be replaced as well. Just about put the car for sale. And am considering doing the wheel bearing on that side. Depends how money is, As I am very tight on cash and work is cutting me back
Old 29 Mar 2014, 06:49 pm
Obsessed Cruiser

Default Re: Bad day turn worse

I feel your pain, my brother. When I first bought my PT, everything I touched seemed broken. But with time and a few busted knuckles, I finally got my PT where it's a very nice ride.

I hope your job situation gets better. While time and a little money will fix most PT problems, a lot of time and no money does very little. So please hold on, life usually gets better with time. And I've found that exercise helps out with the anger. I used to be one angry individual until at took up jogging. But now, I just let it slide.

Last edited by Handy_Cruiser; 29 Mar 2014 at 07:20 pm.
Old 29 Mar 2014, 06:50 pm
Obsessed Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by shelbygt660 View Post
Well, Went out for supper for my fathers birthday yesterday, Go in and the people there say "Theres steam coming from your car and its gushing fluid" Look outside and its antifreeze pouring out, I had just changed/flushed the system a month back, So there goes that, Find out the lower rad hose blew off, I put it back on and clamp her down and limp it to the gas station, 60.00 in coolant there. Then on the way home the battery light comes on, Oh great. Check the voltage on the batt and its discharging, In my anger (Had other issues that day as well such as my job being put on the line) I take off and take out my anger on the car, Fortonaly i did no damage (Kinda amazing considering I was peeling out everywhere on the back roads and being a total fool to myself) Anyways, I tear it apart today and find one of the brushes inside let go, Ontop of that the CV Axle feels wonky so that will need to be replaced as well. Just about put the car for sale. And am considering doing the wheel bearing on that side. Depends how money is, As I am very tight on cash and work is cutting me back
Sorry you're having all this falling on you hope things are better for you soon. Your just another victim of the recovery were in.
boonie2 likes this.

03 Dream stock___________________________ 04 Touring turbo lite stock_________ 02 Touring stock_____________________ The "Three Amigos"
__________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ ___________Performance, Body and Service, OEM

This Is my project page.
http://www.ptcruiserlinks.com/forum/...oject-1-a.html

This is a great read from one of our own! Badglas
badglas.blogspot.com
Old 29 Mar 2014, 07:04 pm
Veteran Cruiser

Unhappy Re: Bad day turn worse

Bad day is right....wow!;Sorry to hear that,but if it makes you feel somewhat better.....These are all things that some of us have to deal with when getting any vehicle after many miles,and who knows what abuse & neglect.
That's one of many reasons I've been taking my time,and putting 'Killer' back in shape step-by-step & literally piece-by-piece.
Old 29 Mar 2014, 07:14 pm
Young Cruiser

Thanks guys, The other thing I am battling on the car is the rust, Hopefully things will work out this week.
Old 30 Mar 2014, 12:49 am
Young Cruiser

It's a tough world, we're just along for the ride....

Sending good wishes to you, for better tomorrows.

Mr. Blue: Patriot Blue '03 GT, beloved little gas hog.