Advertisements
2002 PT Cruiser Fog Lights Won't Turn Off

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Handy_Cruiser

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06 Apr 2014, 09:47 am
Fresh Cruiser

Default 2002 PT Cruiser Fog Lights Won't Turn Off

So I've been trying to read up on how to solve the issue I'm having. As stated in the title, the fog lights of my PT Cruiser sometimes will just not turn off. I've read that the multifunction switch commonly goes bad or need maintenanced and I saw the thread on how to do it. I am away at college and don't have the proper tools with me at the moment to follow that guide and try and solve the issue. From what I've gathered, if I pull a fuse I can temporarily solve the fog light issue correct? I read fuse #8. Is this correct? And which fuse box is that referring to, the one under the steering wheel or under the hood? Just want to get my battery to stop dying so I can drive my car home and then fix it there. Any and all help is appreciated. Thanks.
Old 06 Apr 2014, 09:55 am
Obsessed Cruiser

Default Re: 2002 PT Cruiser Fog Lights Won't Turn Off

Not sure witch box but if you pull one and fogs will still turn on you pulled the wrong one. Put it back and go for the other box.

03 Dream stock___________________________ 04 Touring turbo lite stock_________ 02 Touring stock_____________________ The "Three Amigos"
__________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ ___________Performance, Body and Service, OEM

This Is my project page.
http://www.ptcruiserlinks.com/forum/...oject-1-a.html

This is a great read from one of our own! Badglas
badglas.blogspot.com
Old 06 Apr 2014, 10:03 am
Obsessed Cruiser

It's the fuse box under the steering wheel. There should be a guide on the back of the cover that will indicate which fuse is for the fog lights.
Old 06 Apr 2014, 10:53 am
Fresh Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by Handy_Cruiser View Post
It's the fuse box under the steering wheel. There should be a guide on the back of the cover that will indicate which fuse is for the fog lights.
Thanks for the help.
Old 11 Apr 2014, 11:30 pm
Cool Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by someguy View Post
So I've been trying to read up on how to solve the issue I'm having. As stated in the title, the fog lights of my PT Cruiser sometimes will just not turn off. I've read that the multifunction switch commonly goes bad or need maintenanced and I saw the thread on how to do it. I am away at college and don't have the proper tools with me at the moment to follow that guide and try and solve the issue. From what I've gathered, if I pull a fuse I can temporarily solve the fog light issue correct? I read fuse #8. Is this correct? And which fuse box is that referring to, the one under the steering wheel or under the hood? Just want to get my battery to stop dying so I can drive my car home and then fix it there. Any and all help is appreciated. Thanks.
You know what? I got the exactly same problem with my 2003 Limited this week, also on campus. I have to call my schools campus safety guy to give it a jump. I will also try the fuse trick, but I plan to fix the multifunction switch when I have some time.
Old 12 Jun 2014, 07:45 am
Fresh Cruiser

Curious on this... my searching on the internet after finding my fog lights were draining the battery led me here.

So I thought, while I wait for the new part/arm to arrive, I would cleverly pull the fuse to make sure I wasn't left stranded. Again.

Fuse 8, for the fog lights, is already missing!? But the fog lights are still working?

Any ideas? And I've owned the car for 8 years (2005 PT Cruiser Turbo) having bought it as ex-demo from the dealer....

Weird! Help!

Tags
fog lights, multifunction switch