PT Cruiser Forum

Advertisements
REPLACE MY DOOR

Like Tree1Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 17 Apr 2014, 01:02 pm
Regular Cruiser

Thumbs up REPLACE MY DOOR

MY 06 when I bought it had some dings...that made the price more reasonable; where *I* am in NE PA there are VERY FEW in the salvage yards
I am looking for a door for the passenger rear replacing one evidently side swiped. WHERE might I find one and what are the 'going rates' for these in YOUR area...Mine say $25 to $50 a pop for the door; I could care LESS about the mirror; door handle or inside door panel; MY interest is in the integrity of the outer part of the door facing the street. At PRESENT I do NOT have the color code for the blu door I need; it is not the DEEP blue but 'the lighter one'. I have to check my factory sheets to see what he code is.
ANYONE tell me what exchanges with a 2006; I don't have a Hollander exchange manual handy...
MF3 Body color ?!?!?
Thankx
Joe
Old 17 Apr 2014, 04:20 pm
Obsessed Cruiser

Default Re: REPLACE MY DOOR

Quote:
Originally Posted by kctobyjoe View Post
MY 06 when I bought it had some dings...that made the price more reasonable; where *I* am in NE PA there are VERY FEW in the salvage yards
I am looking for a door for the passenger rear replacing one evidently side swiped. WHERE might I find one and what are the 'going rates' for these in YOUR area...Mine say $25 to $50 a pop for the door; I could care LESS about the mirror; door handle or inside door panel; MY interest is in the integrity of the outer part of the door facing the street. At PRESENT I do NOT have the color code for the blu door I need; it is not the DEEP blue but 'the lighter one'. I have to check my factory sheets to see what he code is.
ANYONE tell me what exchanges with a 2006; I don't have a Hollander exchange manual handy...
MF3 Body color ?!?!?
Thankx
Joe
All years will work, although the exchange will say no to 01 & 02. I have done it. Will need to fish your old harness out of your door. Unless you get the correct years. That is dirt cheap. Can't get that price in my state. Don't cut the wires, to easy to do it the right way. Unplug it under the dash cover and push it out the hing pillar.

03 Dream stock___________________________ 04 Touring turbo lite stock_________ 02 Touring stock_____________________ The "Three Amigos"
__________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ ___________Performance, Body and Service, OEM

This Is my project page.
http://www.ptcruiserlinks.com/forum/...oject-1-a.html

This is a great read from one of our own! Badglas
badglas.blogspot.com
Old 17 Apr 2014, 06:21 pm
Banned

Paintless Dent Repair is your friend
Old 17 Apr 2014, 07:26 pm
Fresh Cruiser

Hey!!!! last time I checked Harrys's U-Pull-it in Hazleton has quite a few Pt Cruisers. 27 of them to be exact, $42 plus a $4? core.

Planned upgrades- Heated seats, 18-19" rims, chrome grille, drilled/ slotted rotors, clean up the calipers/ paint the wheel wells, 3" cat back exhaust, new spark plug wires, Speakers all around, Either new head unit or an AUX integration.
Old 17 Apr 2014, 08:18 pm
Cool Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by kctobyjoe View Post
MF3 Body color ?!?!?
Thankx
Joe
Joe,

I have an 07 PT and I looked at your posted pics. It appears to me that your car is the same color as mine.
"MARINE PEARL BLUE" CODE "PB6" You should check the sticker on the drivers side door and you will see the PB6 code near the bottom of the tag.
Now, I don't know how damaged the rear door is, but to have one shipped from a junk dealer, then installed and painted would more than just having the existing door repaired. But then again I don't know how bad it's damaged.

Check these links for part searches online. Maybe you will get lucky...
Chrysler PT Cruiser Parts - Used PT Cruiser Parts Online - Top US Salvage Yards
Chrysler PT Cruiser Rear Door | Used Auto Parts
Also, check E-bay
Good Luck
Danny

2008 Convertible Turbo -lite
2007 Touring N/A Boneyard
Old 18 Apr 2014, 07:58 am
Young Cruiser

Around here they want over 100 a door
Old 18 Apr 2014, 08:21 am
Obsessed Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by shelbygt660 View Post
Around here they want over 100 a door
I hear ya!

03 Dream stock___________________________ 04 Touring turbo lite stock_________ 02 Touring stock_____________________ The "Three Amigos"
__________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ ___________Performance, Body and Service, OEM

This Is my project page.
http://www.ptcruiserlinks.com/forum/...oject-1-a.html

This is a great read from one of our own! Badglas
badglas.blogspot.com
Old 18 Apr 2014, 11:03 am
Dedicated Cruiser

When RedLimited mentioned "u-pull-it" in Hazleton it reminded me of 50 some years ago. I was raised in Hazleton and my brother still lives there. There were two yards at that time, one on 309 south of Hazleton called "Mell's" and run by his manager Horse who kept the inventory in his head. The second yard was in West Hazleton at the end of a street paralleling a railroad track. That yard was called "Kress's" (pronounced Kressees). From this discription can you tell which one is the one you refer to? just nostaligia. Thanks, ptprice
Old 18 Apr 2014, 11:28 am
Regular Cruiser

Harrys U-Pull_IT is still here in business; their web site is wegotused.com
(We also have D's which is DeNaples auto yard but I don't know if they 'let you go' into the yard so U HAVE TO PAY SOME STUPID CLOWN to pull it driving up the cost even MORE !!!)

THERE on line (Harry) he lists only ONE 2006 PT and of course NO COLOR

I'd have to check his price list to see what he wants...

He is associated with 2 other yards; Kress and...! am not sure of the name SECOND U pull it miles away

These yard people are OUT OF THEIR F**G MINDS with the prices; they don't pay $10 grand for a wreck now do they ???

This isn't a deal breaker but eventually if the opportunity arises I'd like to get a 'new' door that isn't dinged in.

kc
Old 18 Apr 2014, 11:32 am
Regular Cruiser

Mine is dinged enough to make me want to replace it...Harrys I might be callin on ya ;-0

It appears a previous owner did a side swipe and don't know how prevalent the image is on the pictures I originally posted

I will check the sticker on the door to se what color code is there.

I have that print out from Chrysler that tells everything that is in the car but might have missed a cryptic reference to the color

FWIW the interior is a LIGHT gray; almost white and the blue exterior

kc