Go Back   PT Cruiser Forum > General Forums > General PT Cruiser Discussions

PT Cruiser Forum

Advertisements
Air conditioning problem in a 2003 PT Cruiser

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 20 Apr 2014, 11:26 pm
Fresh Cruiser

Default Air conditioning problem in a 2003 PT Cruiser

It has just warmed up enough here in Minnesota (65 deg) to try out the air conditioning, so I gave it a try , if it works at all it is very little , I Ran it for 20 minutes, stopped, opened the hood and looked to check the air conditioner, Well first off it cycles on and off mostly off ( I guess the clutch engaging on and off). the hose is cold but it seems to only be running for less then half the time. I put a gauge on it and it cycles up and down from under 10 lbs to 45lbs , up and down as it cycles on and off.
I'm guessing that it might not be undercharged because when it engages it goes to 45 lbs but I really don't know . Any ideas will be much appreciated.

Tags
air conditioning