Advertisements
four wheel drive dually PT Cruiser

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By ptprice

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 25 Apr 2014, 03:56 pm
Dedicated Cruiser

Default four wheel drive dually PT Cruiser

You got to see this to believe it!!! No photo shop, just good old American know-how. I saw this PT on the south east side of Daytone today as I was searching out a shop for my A/C repair. I had to stop and pull out the camera phone. ptprice
Attached Images
File Type: jpg SSPX0050.jpg (92.6 KB, 59 views)
File Type: jpg SSPX0049.jpg (94.7 KB, 48 views)
File Type: jpg SSPX0056.jpg (90.5 KB, 46 views)
rob342 likes this.
Old 25 Apr 2014, 04:58 pm
Senior Cruiser

Default Re: four wheel drive dually PT Cruiser

Ingenuity yes ... but I think you're overlooking the daily consumption of copious quantities of sticky icky too .. just sayin
'03 GT Blue/ autostick.. 160,000KM ( That's 100,000miles for y'all South of the border ) All the options, the heated leather is a must up here in Canada, Love the solid heavy duty feel and obvious Torque.. The Turbo is strong, fast and reliable.. People that don't understand the love of a PT, probably don't deserve to.
Old 25 Apr 2014, 05:22 pm
Obsessed Cruiser

Strikes me as a waste of money.

'05 Limited Turbo Lite, (Silver, of course)4-wheel ABS, Sunroof, Spoiler. Mods: E&G Classic grill, K&N FIPK, BTG duals, rear lowered 1.5", LED washer lights, $20 catch can, Aoogah horn, Weatherflectors, Sunroof Deflector, Fuzzy Dice, rear logo flames, rear pinstripe graphic, Gen3 Taillights, rear sway bar, hood struts, Strut bar.
Traded in '02 Silver Touring Edition w/87,000 miles
Old 25 Apr 2014, 06:26 pm
Dedicated Cruiser

I think it was just their scrap yard runner to play with. You'll notice their advertisment banner on the roof. Believe me, I got up close and personal, this is no precision machine! Just a frame from a donor truck torched down to accomadate the PT body welded on top. Possibly the rear end leaf springs were relocated just enough to position the rear axle to equate with the PT fender wells. I also saw evidence of the possibility of derelicts living under the vehicle in the evening. I had to remove two CVS and two Family Dollar carts out of the shot from underneath before snapping the photos. Just a little slice of another side of Daytona.ptprice
Old 25 Apr 2014, 07:22 pm
Obsessed Cruiser

Some will do anything to shock someone.

03 Dream stock___________________________ 04 Touring turbo lite stock_________ 02 Touring stock_____________________ The "Three Amigos"
__________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ ___________Performance, Body and Service, OEM

This Is my project page.
http://www.ptcruiserlinks.com/forum/...oject-1-a.html

This is a great read from one of our own! Badglas
badglas.blogspot.com
Old 25 Apr 2014, 10:11 pm
Young Cruiser

It doesn't make much sense, but it does look fun. The kind of knuckle head stuff we might see on community cruise nights.
Old 25 Apr 2014, 10:31 pm
Veteran Cruiser

Cool Re: four wheel drive dually PT Cruiser

It appears to be just a big piece of 'Yard Art'(non-functioning),probably no engine at all either......
If you look closely @ photo #1 you'll notice no front transaxles on the front left wheel,but if you also look closely @ photo #3,you'll see it doesn't even have a driveshaft going to the rear differential,and shows no signs of a transfer case,needed if it was 4WD.
More than likely they whipped it together,and towed it out front to get attention........That it sure does!
Old 25 Apr 2014, 10:39 pm
Obsessed Cruiser

not the best but its still cool to look at and if a person was talented enough it could be a runner
Old 26 Apr 2014, 05:43 am
Obsessed Cruiser

I guess they got an offer for the passenger side tail light they couldn't refuse!!

'05 Limited Turbo Lite, (Silver, of course)4-wheel ABS, Sunroof, Spoiler. Mods: E&G Classic grill, K&N FIPK, BTG duals, rear lowered 1.5", LED washer lights, $20 catch can, Aoogah horn, Weatherflectors, Sunroof Deflector, Fuzzy Dice, rear logo flames, rear pinstripe graphic, Gen3 Taillights, rear sway bar, hood struts, Strut bar.
Traded in '02 Silver Touring Edition w/87,000 miles