Advertisements
Help with radiator

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By quicksilverdon

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 29 Apr 2014, 09:42 pm
Fresh Cruiser

Default Help with radiator

I was given a 2002 cruiser with 16800 miles on it. It run ok and just needed a tune up...... I hope. Did the tune up and it runs like a top.

Before I got it it had overheated a couple of times. Not too bad I don't think as my sister in law shut it off as soon as it got a little hot.
My problem is I am not sure what antifreeze they put in it.i am sure it was whatever they had around the house.

So I want to drain all that out and put the right in it. Should I do a flush and fill from a kit or use cascade like we do in our tractor radiators when they have oil in them of mud?
Or do I do something else?

Thanks for the help
Old 29 Apr 2014, 09:57 pm
Obsessed Cruiser

Default Re: Help with radiator

I think flush 'n fill should be fine.
Get distilled water in gallons from a supermarket for irons, and Zerex G-05 will do fine, and mix 50-50.

'05 Limited Turbo Lite, (Silver, of course)4-wheel ABS, Sunroof, Spoiler. Mods: E&G Classic grill, K&N FIPK, BTG duals, rear lowered 1.5", LED washer lights, $20 catch can, Aoogah horn, Weatherflectors, Sunroof Deflector, Fuzzy Dice, rear logo flames, rear pinstripe graphic, Gen3 Taillights, rear sway bar, hood struts, Strut bar.
Traded in '02 Silver Touring Edition w/87,000 miles
Old 29 Apr 2014, 10:52 pm
Dedicated Cruiser

Wow - low mileage for a 2002!

BTW - welcome to the forum - hope you hang around a while.

Be sure and introduce yourself in the "new members" section. We like to see pix of your PT Cruiser, too.

Harry

2005 Touring n/a - Cool Vanilla with J&J vertical billet grille, PTeazer tail lights, Chrome wheels and Baby Moons.
Old 30 Apr 2014, 12:27 am
Fresh Cruiser

Thanks for the help. I plan on staying around a long time!

I went from no pt cruiser in my driveway to 2 in a month and all for the sum of 300.00 for both! Yep I am a lucky man!

The 2002 mentioned above is a limited and was my sis in laws and the dealer was going to give her 200 trade in for it. I told her I wanted it so she gave it to me! SWEET!!! 100.00 in trailer rental to get it home!

I have a 2006 with a 5 speed trans and it has 70000 miles. All put on by my 70 year old father that took incredible care of the car. He knew I loved the car and when he bought a new dart he sold me the pt. I jokingly told him I would give him a couple of hundred dollars for the car and he said ok!!!!

Yep. I am a lucky man !!!!
Old 30 Apr 2014, 07:12 am
Obsessed Cruiser

Are you going to try and breed them?
Danny7627 likes this.

'05 Limited Turbo Lite, (Silver, of course)4-wheel ABS, Sunroof, Spoiler. Mods: E&G Classic grill, K&N FIPK, BTG duals, rear lowered 1.5", LED washer lights, $20 catch can, Aoogah horn, Weatherflectors, Sunroof Deflector, Fuzzy Dice, rear logo flames, rear pinstripe graphic, Gen3 Taillights, rear sway bar, hood struts, Strut bar.
Traded in '02 Silver Touring Edition w/87,000 miles