Go Back   PT Cruiser Forum > General Forums > General PT Cruiser Discussions

PT Cruiser Forum

Advertisements
lucky PT

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10 May 2014, 11:18 am
Fresh Cruiser

Default lucky PT

last week Pensacola got hit with 27 inches of rain in 30 hours. I looked outside about an hour after the rain started and found my yard was 16 inches deep in water we grabbed a duffle bag and packed a few clothes, grabbed our important papers, jumped in our truck and left. by that time the water was over 30 inches deep. my pop up camper was floating and my boat was sunk. we didn't think about the cruiser until we got to our daughters house we had loaned it to my sister-n-law because her car was broke down the cruiser was on her covered car port with no damage. this is the only time I loaned anything and it turned out good.
Old 10 May 2014, 12:29 pm
Dedicated Cruiser

Default Re: lucky PT

Quote:
Originally Posted by snapper388 View Post
last week Pensacola got hit with 27 inches of rain in 30 hours. I looked outside about an hour after the rain started and found my yard was 16 inches deep in water we grabbed a duffle bag and packed a few clothes, grabbed our important papers, jumped in our truck and left. by that time the water was over 30 inches deep. my pop up camper was floating and my boat was sunk. we didn't think about the cruiser until we got to our daughters house we had loaned it to my sister-n-law because her car was broke down the cruiser was on her covered car port with no damage. this is the only time I loaned anything and it turned out good.
I'm glad your Cruiser is OK. And I hope that your house and belongings weren't damaged beyond repair!

Harry

2005 Touring n/a - Cool Vanilla with J&J vertical billet grille, PTeazer tail lights, Chrome wheels and Baby Moons.
Old 10 May 2014, 06:08 pm
Obsessed Cruiser

Heard about that rain.
Sounds like monsoon..,
When I was in Vietnam, once it did not stop raining for 2 full weeks - when you'd wake up you'd ask night watch if it had stopped - the best you'd get was "it slowed up a bit" but most of the time it was pouring - I had nothing that was dry...
'course all that rain was needed to keep up the mosquito population....

'05 Limited Turbo Lite, (Silver, of course)4-wheel ABS, Sunroof, Spoiler. Mods: E&G Classic grill, K&N FIPK, BTG duals, rear lowered 1.5", LED washer lights, $20 catch can, Aoogah horn, Weatherflectors, Sunroof Deflector, Fuzzy Dice, rear logo flames, rear pinstripe graphic, Gen3 Taillights, rear sway bar, hood struts, Strut bar.
Traded in '02 Silver Touring Edition w/87,000 miles
Old 10 May 2014, 07:22 pm
Fresh Cruiser

only thing lost was a washing machine and dryer that was ready to be replaced. main thing is everybody was safe and our home was above water. our wash room is outside at ground level.
Old 10 May 2014, 07:25 pm
Obsessed Cruiser

Glad you made it thru relatively well.

'05 Limited Turbo Lite, (Silver, of course)4-wheel ABS, Sunroof, Spoiler. Mods: E&G Classic grill, K&N FIPK, BTG duals, rear lowered 1.5", LED washer lights, $20 catch can, Aoogah horn, Weatherflectors, Sunroof Deflector, Fuzzy Dice, rear logo flames, rear pinstripe graphic, Gen3 Taillights, rear sway bar, hood struts, Strut bar.
Traded in '02 Silver Touring Edition w/87,000 miles