• 2 Post By soyomb
  • 1 Post By quicksilverdon
  • 1 Post By sanatanadharma
  • 1 Post By sanatanadharma

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 22 Jul 2014, 02:54 pm
Young Cruiser

Question '03 Limited Heated Mirrors

Can Anyone for sure tell me the exact ways to tell if my car actually has these? I have the heated seats, I have the button for it under the radio on the far left? [ squiggly vertical heat lines], empty slot, the rear wiper/defroster?, empty slot, and then the cigarette lighter/power plug. My car does NOT have knock back mirrors and does NOT have the [heat wave squiggly] window on the mirrors. I have tried everything I know to try or check but IF they are heated they're not getting hot. I believe the rear window does defrost though and for sure wiper works. Any SURE FIRE SIGNS Based off the info mentioned? I don't want to pull the door panels or the mirrors .... unless I have to and am swapping the for sure heated '01-'02 knock back marked heated mirrors.

Hopefully somebody understands all of this and Thanks for input
Old 22 Jul 2014, 04:21 pm
Obsessed Cruiser

Default Re: '03 Limited Heated Mirrors

well id say we need the year of your cruser
then it can be looked up in the manual
i have a 06 and do nto ahve heated mirrors but I am sure there has to be a switch they are not going to pop on by them selfs( yes some newer cars do that)
anyway some body will be along to answer but from the sounds of it id say no
Old 22 Jul 2014, 05:26 pm
Senior Cruiser

my 02 has squiggley lines on the mirror face. I would like to think if they are not there, then it doesn't have heated mirrors.
Old 22 Jul 2014, 05:30 pm
Obsessed Cruiser

My '02 had heated mirrors. If I recall, they were turned on by rear defroster switch under the radio. (A rectangle with wavy lines).
Superman1984 likes this.

'05 Limited Turbo Lite, (Silver, of course)4-wheel ABS, Sunroof, Spoiler. Mods: E&G Classic grill, K&N FIPK, BTG duals, rear lowered 1.5", LED washer lights, $20 catch can, Aoogah horn, Weatherflectors, Sunroof Deflector, Fuzzy Dice, rear logo flames, rear pinstripe graphic, Gen3 Taillights, rear sway bar, hood struts, Strut bar.
Traded in '02 Silver Touring Edition w/87,000 miles
Old 22 Jul 2014, 05:31 pm
Veteran Cruiser

When factory installed, (until discontinued supposedly in 2003), the heated mirrors were wired to come on with the rear window defogger switch. The left switch in my attached picture.
Locate one of the door harness connectors. Open a front door to get idea where to look under the dash. Likely some plastic needs be removed.
If you have heated mirror functions, both L&R connectors will have a light blue/yellow wire at pin #1, a corner pin.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Superman1984 View Post
Can Anyone for sure tell me the exact ways to tell if my car actually has these? I have the heated seats, I have the button for it under the radio on the far left? [ squiggly vertical heat lines], empty slot, the rear wiper/defroster?, empty slot, and then the cigarette lighter/power plug. My car does NOT have knock back mirrors and does NOT have the [heat wave squiggly] window on the mirrors. I have tried everything I know to try or check but IF they are heated they're not getting hot. I believe the rear window does defrost though and for sure wiper works. Any SURE FIRE SIGNS Based off the info mentioned? I don't want to pull the door panels or the mirrors .... unless I have to and am swapping the for sure heated '01-'02 knock back marked heated mirrors.

Hopefully somebody understands all of this and Thanks for input
Superman1984 likes this.

Last edited by sanatanadharma; 09 Nov 2016 at 09:58 am.
Old 22 Jul 2014, 07:39 pm
Young Cruiser

Thanks the 3 of you. It's a '03 Limited Edition supposedly fully loaded. I was asking because my '01 Limited's heated mirrors worked off the switch sanatanadharma posted that's on the left side. The 01' Limited's mirrors has the squiggly lines on the mirror glass. Main reason I asked was because reading around on here I thought maybe Chrysler just cut some corners by not putting those squiggly lines on the car in 2003 up . Anyways .... I believe I'll just change over the knock-back style mirrors and wire them as need be sometime. I kind of like the solid non knock back style mirror but I liked the idea of those heated mirrors in the winter They're awesome when SC gets snow and ice.

sanatanadharma that wood grain trim kit and those chrome a/c trim rings looks amazing in your car If I could afford it I think that would set off my black interior nicely

Last edited by Superman1984; 22 Jul 2014 at 07:44 pm.
Old 23 Jul 2014, 01:08 am
Veteran Cruiser

Quote:
Thanks the 3 of you. It's a '03 Limited Edition ... I believe I'll just change over the knock-back style mirrors and wire them as need be sometime. ...the idea of those heated mirrors in the winter They're awesome when SC gets snow and ice.
My post reporting some details of my heated-mirror wiring project.

Quote:
sanatanadharma that wood grain trim kit and those chrome a/c trim rings looks amazing in your car If I could afford it I think that would set off my black interior nicely
The rings are likely still available from Race and Street

Good karma alone supplied the out-of-production molded wood-grain interior set (8 pieces) in rare American Walnut rather than the usual Burl and Rose woods. Luck and diligent eBay shopping.
Superman1984 likes this.
Old 24 Jul 2014, 02:30 am
Young Cruiser

Thanks for that link sanatanadharma. I'll look it over. They came to pick up my '01 Limited PT last night to have it inspected to determine it's totaled. I guess once they make me a payoff and if I can buy it back I'll be doing some added OE swapping